Does anyone know if...

Do AI ships use Inertial Dampners? I have a plugin that uses one on an AI ship and it does not work. Am I doing something wrong, or is it the AI?

------------------
I do not smirk. But if I did, this would be an excellent opportunity to do so.

Originally posted by MacDevil:
**Do AI ships use Inertial Dampners? I have a plugin that uses one on an AI ship and it does not work. Am I doing something wrong, or is it the AI?

If that's not cutting it, you might want to just dupe the ship and make an inertialess version. I am assuming that this ship is available to the player. If not, then kill the outfit and just click the Inertialess checkbox.

------------------
It's hard to enlighten someone who's brain doesn't have an "on" switch.

Originally posted by Quantum Transcendence:
If that's not cutting it, you might want to just dupe the ship and make an inertialess version. I am assuming that this ship is available to the player. If not, then kill the outfit and just click the Inertialess checkbox.

That checkbox should be checked anyway if there's such an outfit present. The ship behavior checkboxes are applicable only to the default loadout for that ship type.

------------------
NTi Ozymandias of the Red Shadow Organization

AI ships will not use any oütfs that you give them in DefaultItems. They are there purely for the player's use. Any outfit-like abilities you want to confer on the ship for AI purposes must be specified in the shďp resource itself.

Specifically, AI ships can use:

• Fuel Scoops, with the "FuelRegen" field and Flags 0x0008

• Afterburners, with Flags 0x0020 and 0x0040

• Escape Pods, using the "Podcount" field

• Escape Ships, as discussed (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/postdisplay.cgi?forum=Forum9&topic;=003164")here(/url)

• "Fast Jump" devices, using Flags2 0x0020

• Inertial Dampeners, using Flags2 0x0040

• Cloaking Devices, using Flags2 0x0200 through 0x4000

• Asteroid Scoops, using Flags3 0x0002

• Jamming, by matching InherentGovt to a gövt with properly configured InhJam fields.

-reg

------------------
"Oh crap. I'm going to hell - I put the Bible next to Mein Kampf again."
-Her Holiness, Pope Jenne "Kirby" Hubbs