Reelmotion

Has anyone here used Reelmotion ( (url="http://"http://www.reelmotion.com")www.reelmotion.com(/url) ) for 3D animation? It is simply the coolest tool/toy I have played with in a long time. If at all possilbe, if you are intrested in rigid body motion simulation, get this program. For those who havent seen/heard of it, it is a rigid body motion simulator that has an incredible physics engine. It will simulate any sort of vehicle on any sort of terain, reacting with any sort of object. But the way in which you simulat it is fantastic. You fly/drive the vehicle, a 20 sec animation takes 20 seconds. You then can export everything to the graphics program of your choice. It really is incredible, only problem is that it is rather expensive $750, but more importantly, no new coppies are being sold (though you can, I believe, still download the demo). I got mine form a local design firm that went bust, but you may be able to find a copy on ebay or something. I just thought i would let anyone intrested in this know.
Joe

------------------

Originally posted by jdh545:
Has anyone here used Reelmotion ( www.reelmotion.com ) for 3D animation? It is simply the coolest tool/toy I have played with in a long time. If at all possilbe, if you are intrested in rigid body motion simulation, get this program. For those who havent seen/heard of it, it is a rigid body motion simulator that has an incredible physics engine. It will simulate any sort of vehicle on any sort of terain, reacting with any sort of object. But the way in which you simulat it is fantastic. You fly/drive the vehicle, a 20 sec animation takes 20 seconds. You then can export everything to the graphics program of your choice. It really is incredible, only problem is that it is rather expensive $750, but more importantly, no new coppies are being sold (though you can, I believe, still download the demo). I got mine form a local design firm that went bust, but you may be able to find a copy on ebay or something. I just thought i would let anyone intrested in this know.

That looks like a pretty cool app. To bad I don't have LightWave. 😉

But how do you know that new copies aren't being sold?

------------------

Supports just about every professional 3D animation app oth there (C4d, Maya, Max, etc.), you can even use it as a standalone app. I know that they don't sell it because I origionallty contacted them about purchasing a copy, and they told me that they no longer were selling the product (they have been bought out). The reason I wanted to get it was Because I got to play with the awesome demo. Hopefully soon, I'll post my first animation done using this app. I think the first that I will bother to render will be a fighter over some sort of alien terain (mabey a strafing/bombing rn on a building, who knows).
Joe

------------------

Supports just about every professional 3D animation app oth there (C4d, Maya, Max, etc.), you can even use it as a standalone app.

Well, I don't exactly have a current (even current-ish) professional 3D animation app, now do I? 😛

I know that they don't sell it because I origionallty contacted them about purchasing a copy, and they told me that they no longer were selling the product (they have been bought out)...

Well, that kinda sucks. Did they say whether the buyers would continue selling/developing/supporting it? (or something based on it?)

------------------

The buyers website says that they will continue to develop the product... You should get a professional level modeler. 😛
Joe

------------------