EnRLE KeyCarried Question

Okay, so I have a ship with the KeyCarried feature -- rendered the graphic as a 72-frame 6x12-gridded graphic, the top 6x6 grid with the KeyCarried ship, the bottom 6x6 w/o the KeyCarried component.

When I run it through EnRLE, it fuses the two frames together -- mashing my 72-frame 6x12 graphic into a broken, jerky 36-frame 6x6 rlëD/8, essentially making a graphic that's two images on top of each other.

What am I doing wrong? How do I need to render this graphic in order for it to be encoded correctly?

------------------

Did you make a shan for it first? EnRLE requires that you put the graphic into a (resedit) file, or a plug, and make a shan for it. What's important is the sprite resource info. You can do the weapon location stuff later. When you have your pict sprites and its shan completed, you can drop it in EnRLE with no problems.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Originally posted by UncleTwitchy:
**< snip>

If you placed "72" in the "FramePerSet" field in the shän (which is what it sounds like) then you're going about it the wrong way. Try putting "36" in that field and "2" in the "BaseSetCount" field. If that's what you were doing, then this should fix the problem. Also, make sure you select the "Second Set Not Carrying" checkbox in NovaTools, or add Flag $0004 if you're using ResEdit. That should fix everything.

------------------
If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm.
-Vince Lombardi

Originally posted by Quantum Transcendence:
**If you placed "72" in the "FramePerSet" field in the shän (which is what it sounds like) then you're going about it the wrong way. Try putting "36" in that field and "2" in the "BaseSetCount" field. If that's what you were doing, then this should fix the problem. Also, make sure you select the "Second Set Not Carrying" checkbox in NovaTools, or add Flag $0004 if you're using ResEdit. That should fix everything.

That sounds possible too, but he didn't say whether or not he made a shan.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Originally posted by Quantum Transcendence:
**Try putting "36" in that field and "2" in the "BaseSetCount" field.

Bingo.

I had "1" in the BaseSetCount field.

Sorry, Matrix -- yeah, I did have a shän. Thought that was implied. I'll be more explicit next time.

Thank you both.

------------------