EVN Update Wishlist

I just decided to do this for anybody having suggestions on what feature or corrections people would want to see in the next version of EVN, even though I have an EVN that's still a shareware version, so I wouldn't know about certain things about the game untill I register it.

------------------
Nosumus Fortiolis Quad Volimus

Full 3D animated objects and a FPS scene when you board other ships.

Or perhaps I can't think of anything else at the moment and I'm just being plain old silly.

NOTE: If I do think of anything, I'll be sure to let you know.

------------------
Bleeding is breathing.

10/31/96

It's too bad the games engine is fixed and (mostly) unchangable now, I would have loved to see the armor and marine outfits entry fields capable of interperting percentage increases. That way a shuttle couldn't buy matrix steel and triple it's armor points. Oh well, at least the game allows a workaround using ncb's...

Overall though I'd say the Nova engine is superb, and most of my (storyline) gripes are fixed in the update.

Anyways that's my two cents.

I think someone in this post mentioned something about having the ability to make an animated interface radar. I think that would be cool to have one. Well I myself can't think of one but I'll think about it.

Hmmm, I wonder if this topic I posted is appropriate here or should it go to the EVN webboard? At least those who are probably updating EVN would eventually get some feedback in this topic if they read this of course.

------------------

Originally posted by Coraxus:
**I just decided to do this for anybody having suggestions on what feature or corrections people would want to see in the next version of EVN

Sorry, too late.

mcb

------------------
"If it's not on fire, it's a software problem."

Originally posted by mburch:
**Sorry, too late.

mcb

*meaning that it's in beta now.

------------------
Beware the substance '(url="http://"http://www.EVula.com/")e(/url)'

Originally posted by Blackdog:
*meaning that it's in beta now.

<nitpicking>
final candidate, actually.
</nitpicking>

(This message has been edited by Curwen (edited 05-25-2002).)

Originally posted by Al Coholic:
(B I would have loved to see the armor and marine outfits entry fields capable of interperting percentage increases.(/B)

Actually you do have something of this nature. You can make the mass and cost of an outfit dependent on the mass/size of the ship trying to purchase it. Take a good look at the cost and mass when you try to buy armor for a shuttle and then a large ship like the IDA Frigate.

------------------

Ooh ooh I have an idea. Add another easter egg. program a hidden easter egg so that the only way to discover it is if the plug-in developer set the yëar resorce to 2101. Doing that, the result would be that when the player runs the game, a particular system would have a booy message saying "In A.D. 2101, war was beginning" and then the Zig ship (which is of course, the red Leviathon) show up disabled and have the player board the ship. The mission would have a movie playing showing the Zero Wing conversation and stuff.

(Keep in mind, I was drinking beer so maybe it's not me but the beer talking)

------------------

Originally posted by JohnnyAndrews:
**Actually you do have something of this nature. You can make the mass and cost of an outfit dependent on the mass/size of the ship trying to purchase it. Take a good look at the cost and mass when you try to buy armor for a shuttle and then a large ship like the IDA Frigate.

Thanks for the info but I was already aware of that feature. It's a really great feature but what I'm really refering to is the that on smaller ships armor upgrades can make up a major component of hull HP while on larger ships the same upgrade is just a drop in the bucket.

Thanks again for the suggestion though.

Originally posted by Coraxus:
**Ooh ooh I have an idea. Add another easter egg. "In A.D. 2101, war was beginning" and then the Zig ship (which is of course, the red Leviathon) show up disabled and have the player board the ship. The mission would have a movie playing showing the Zero Wing conversation and stuff.
(Keep in mind, I was drinking beer so maybe it's not me but the beer talking)

The beer huh? I hope it's the beer talking. That zero-wing stuff was mildly amusing for about 5 minutes 2 years ago. Actually, the fact that it made it into EVN at all is kind of pathetic.

3d ships would be cool becuase they would offer a few nifty features that would bog down sprites:
Really big ships that wouldn't drop the framerate like a big sprite does
Turrets that could actually change appearance based on what outfits you have, and could turn to track targets.
Weapon exit points would be more precise too.
Wouldn't need all these confounded layers of sprite graphics for all this running lights and engine glow stuff.
Different textures for stripes and emblems on ships of different govts (As a replacement of EVN sprite 'tinting')
Blast marks decals on hull for every laser/missile/etc impact, and maybe even region specific damage? ( latter could be annoying, its not a flight simulator)

A 3d playing field might be bad though, since you shouldn't have to be a bloody trained aviator to play the game. Not a flight simulator! 3d ships on 2d plane might be best. Oh well, EV won't ever have these features, since you can grab up the registration fees just as easy by giving them another sprite based version. Some other game will do it someday though.

No FPS stuff on boarding ships please. If I want to play an FPS I'll play one. I don't want to have to play an FPS for five minutes every 10 minutes when I want to be flying a little spaceship around.

Yea, an FPS when boarding isn't really the best of ideas. EV would get way too big, and would take the emphisis (sp?) of the game away from the space adventure, trading, flying, exploring, etc, and instead make it a shoot-em-up, kill-em-all pirating game. There are plenty of FPS games out there, but there aren't many games like EV. Games like it should be preserved because it is fun for everyone, but it isn't all about the violence.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."