3d models...

Hi, I'm looking for textured 3d models of Wing Commander ships... I have Lightwave 7.5 full version so it can be of many formats including 3ds and lwo. (Truespace doesn't work) I have already checked a few places but I need more for my Wing Commander plug-in. If anyone knows where I could find any then please answer me. I've checked (url="http://"http://www.3dcafe.com")www.3dcafe.com(/url) and I've raided the Wing Commander Development Board but that still only gave me 5 or 6 ships... I need more. I'm looking for Wing Commander 1, 2, Academy and Privateer ships. This is currently for my Wing Commander Plug-In for EVClassic but these same models will be used for EV Nova when I'm done with Classic and Override. Basically, this applies to anyone and everyone that is willing to help. I run on an IBM so they will have to be in IBM format (actually I don't know if there's a difference... could someone shed some light on that?)

Incase anyone is wondering, the Governments, Outfits, Weapons and Ships resources are complete... sounds are nearly complete, only graphics are posing a problem at the moment. Also, over 400 systems out of the 685 main systems are complete... who knows how many other systems will be in it? It all depends on the mission guy and what missions he makes. This Plug-in will include wingman talk from Maniac and most likely others too... However expect Maniac to be the one with the most lines 😛 Among the "improvements" for the sounds are the replacement of the Red Alert sound with Maniac saying "Ooo, look what I see!" --Wing Commander IV

Well, that should be it for now... Any questions, then ask.

------------------
Life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life... So get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life!

(This message has been edited by Maniac Angel Raptor (edited 05-28-2002).)

Originally posted by Maniac Angel Raptor:
Hi, I'm looking for textured 3d models of Wing Commander ships... I have Lightwave 7.5 full version

I am sooooooooooo envious of you right now.

Also, over 400 systems out of the 685 main systems are complete... who knows how many other systems will be in it?**

I don't think that EV can handle that many systems. If it does (and after looking at the EVN bible, it seems possible that it does), then I guess that no one has ever made a plug with that many systems in it, at least, none that I've seen.

It all depends on the mission guy and what missions he makes. This Plug-in will include wingman talk from Maniac and most likely others too... However expect Maniac to be the one with the most lines:p Among the "improvements" for the sounds are the replacement of the Red Alert sound with Maniac saying "Ooo, look what I see!" --Wing Commander IV**

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Wing Commander IV for mac? I know that they used to have one, I just never got it.... :frown:

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Well, it's the full version of Lightwave 7.5 but I still don't get everything cause it's not legal... yet. I have toyed with it and seriously am thinking of going out and spending the fortune it takes to own it. Afterall, I'm going to go to college for Computer Graphics Artist 😛 I've already made a cool looking ship, textured and everything... including every planet in our solar system plus the 3 moons in the inner system (Luna, Deimos, Phobos) If anyone is interested, I have the 10k version of Earth's Texture, Bump and Specular... 10k is extremely detailed for extreme-close-up!!! I believe someone used it in POVRay to create a super-detailed map of earth 😛 Other than that I have the 1k version of the clouds and mask for it (since the clouds are a white and blue picture adding to the realism) That's not all, my earth includes certain tricks to add the effect of a reflective Ozone layer 😄 I'd be game to do graphics for other people... if I wasn't too busy already with my Wing Commander plug-in...

EVC and EVO can both handle 1000 systems and 1500 spobs independantly... I believe that the Game Expander plug-in for EVC has the most systems of any plug-in since it more than doubles what EVC had orriginally. My plug-in however will probably outnumber that 😛 I've already used all 64 weapons resources, 64 ships resources and 128 outfits resources... and it ALL fit perfectly for WC 1,2,Academy and Privateer. I'm hoping the 2nd installment, Late Kilrathi War wich is WC Armada, 3 and 4 will be as well balanced 😛

As for the copy of Wing Commander 4 for Mac... I believe that Origin might still be selling some... if not then you could try Electronic Arts. If that doesn't work, I'm sure you can find a copy on E-bay or some other online resource. It might be easier though to find the Playstation version. It has better graphics but lacks certain missions including the planet missions :frown:

------------------
Life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life... So get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life!