The First pict ID in EVO for spöb

I made a new graphic of a station for EVO, and the station's spob ID extends beyond the original ID's, problem is that I can't get the O*&$*& station to show up anywhere in the system. Oh I can get the landing pics to show up correctly. In the system, it sucks, can someone help me out , tell me the ID# before I launch a ragnarok-class giga-ton missile into the sun to wipe out Sol in a supernova?

------------------
Nosumus Fortiolis Quad Volimus

What IDs did you use, and what spďn is the graphic in?

------------------
Prepare to be disabled and boarded!
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/infernomsh")Inferno Studios(/url)

Make sure your stellar type matches the spin ID, then you should be able to specify in the spin whatever PICT resource you want it (so if you can't fit it in the space alloted for spob sprites, you can stick it in PICT ID 50237 or something).

------------------
Mike Lee (Firebird)

The spöb's ID is 405
The spďn's ID is 405
The sprite's ID is 2048
The sprite mask's ID is 2049
and
The landing pic's ID is 10036

These ID resources are supposed to have taken up the first available slot in the extensions, but while the landing pic and descriptions and labels work, just the sprites are the ones that don't work at all. For now it shows up invisible, but not in the hailing dialog box or the landing description boxes.

------------------

Originally posted by Coraxus:
**The spöb's ID is 405
The spďn's ID is 405
The sprite's ID is 2048
The sprite mask's ID is 2049
and
The landing pic's ID is 10036

These ID resources are supposed to have taken up the first available slot in the extensions, but while the landing pic and descriptions and labels work, just the sprites are the ones that don't work at all. For now it shows up invisible, but not in the hailing dialog box or the landing description boxes.

In EVO -- which is what the discussion title says you are doing this in -- the descriptions and custom landing pic are handled differently from the sprite. Also, EVO does not support an animated spob; your sprite needs to be a matrix of 1 x 1. Also unlike ships, the spin ID# is not the same as the spob resource ID#.

The "Type" entry in the spob resource points towards the standard landing pic, spin, and STR ("Class A," etc.) for that spob type. Spins start at 300, landing pics at 10000, and the STRs at 7000. As in the rest of EVO, the spin resource points towards the sprite and mask; the resource ID#'s of sprite and mask are otherwise arbitrary (in my TC I have a number of same-size worlds and I point to a single mask resource for all of those sprites).

It is also possible your sprite or mask is in the wrong format. Try replacing "Habitable 1" -- sprite #2000 and mask #2035 -- and see if it displays.

------------------
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Originally posted by Commander Arashi:
**Also unlike ships, the spin ID# is not the same as the spob resource ID#.

Thanks dude, I just found that out, now my station's ID is at 336 so now it's actually showing up. Now, I'll just figure out the rest

------------------