Increase Maximum Difficulties

I've been having some difficulties using the "increase maximum" ModType for a specific use. What I'm trying to do is create a missile weapon which will only let your have x missiles per launcher (i.e. 2 launchers means you can buy up to 2x missiles). The best, and only easy way, to do this looks like the Increase Maximum ModType. However, this feature simply refuses to work. I've checked everything, and done it a couple different ways, and it still stubbornly refuses to work. I have a feeling I'm missing something incredibly obvious here, and I would appreciate the input of anyone willing to help.

------------------
Man is a slow, sloppy, and brilliant thinker; the machine is fast, accurate and stupid.
-William M. Kelly

Have you made sure that you're increasing the maximum of the right outfit (in other words the ammo outfit)?

------------------
"Insert witty quote here." - Thomas Castiglione

Originally posted by Gul Banana:
**Have you made sure that you're increasing the maximum of the right outfit (in other words the ammo outfit)?

Yes, and I've used both the Index Number and Resource Number with the correct and incorrect setting toggled just in case.

------------------
Man is a slow, sloppy, and brilliant thinker; the machine is fast, accurate and stupid.
-William M. Kelly

I'm not sure if you can do that. You're saying that if you have 1 launcher, you can buy x# of missiles, and if you have 2 launchers, you can have 2x# of missiles?

I'm afraid that it doesn't work like that. In the outf resource, you specify the launcher, and then you specify the missiles. The launcher has its max number of launchers buyable, and the missiles have a max number of missiles. They're independent of each other. Perhaps the only thing you can do is when you buy a missile launcher, it gives you more weapons space.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Actually, there's a very easy way to do exactly this: in the weap resource, set the max ammo per launcher value. The Nova scenario only uses this feature for fighter bays, but it should work w/ anything (I'll admit I haven't tested it on other things yet, though).

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.rit.edu/~jxc1906/")(Insert Signature Here)(/url)

I didn't know that. My mistake.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Originally posted by Wyvern:
**Actually, there's a very easy way to do exactly this: in the weap resource, set the max ammo per launcher value. The Nova scenario only uses this feature for fighter bays, but it should work w/ anything (I'll admit I haven't tested it on other things yet, though).

I was trying to use a different feature, which would set set the ModType2 field to 27 or "Increase Maximum". The Max Ammo feature I wasn't aware of, and it sounds like a better way to work it for the missile launcher. However, I've got a couple of other things in mind for Increase Maximum now, so if anyone knows what's going haywire, please tell me. Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it.

------------------
-William M. Kelly

Let me know if it works in EVO, cause I was trying to make a weapon that launched volleys of missiles in sucession like one hit of the attack button would launch out about 5 missiles one after the other almost simultaneously but not like what you would encounter with salvo rocket turrets that the Voinian dreadnaught would be armed with.

------------------
Nosumus Fortiolis Quad Volimus

Originally posted by Coraxus:
**Let me know if it works in EVO, cause I was trying to make a weapon that launched volleys of missiles in sucession like one hit of the attack button would launch out about 5 missiles one after the other almost simultaneously but not like what you would encounter with salvo rocket turrets that the Voinian dreadnaught would be armed with.

I don't know if it works in EVO. Though it works splendidly in EVN. However, that's not what you would need for your weapon. Not sure how you would do that other than maybe setting the weapon to launch all missile launchers at once (Flag:0040). Then set the reload for the launcher pretty high. This was done for the SAD Launcher in EVO.

------------------
-William M. Kelly