Need Help with a new ship using an existing EVN graphic...

I am working on a plugin where I want to create a new ship using the Arachnid graphic. How do I tell it to use the Arachnid sprites, engine glows, running lights, and target and hail pictures? I tried to make one but since it did not know what graphic to use, the game crashed.

Thanks for any help you could give.

------------------
I do not smirk. But if I did, this would be an excellent opportunity to do so.

Originally posted by MacDevil:
**I am working on a plugin where I want to create a new ship using the Arachnid graphic. How do I tell it to use the Arachnid sprites, engine glows, running lights, and target and hail pictures? I tried to make one but since it did not know what graphic to use, the game crashed.

Duplicate the 'shan' resource.
mcb

------------------
"If it's not on fire, it's a software problem."

Thanks for the quick reply, Mr. Burch. However, I now have another question. What ID# do I give the duplicated shan resource? Do I keep the same ID?

I guess what I was trying to ask in my first post is: How to the seven or eight variants of the Arachnid all know to use the same shan resource? I know there are a bunch of different variants of the Arachnid in the ship resource, but only one shan resource.

------------------

Originally posted by MacDevil:
**Thanks for the quick reply, Mr. Burch. However, I now have another question. What ID# do I give the duplicated shan resource? Do I keep the same ID?

Matt Burch is God. He is the original creator of Escape Velocity. Worship him.

Anyway, when you duplicate a shan resource, you give it the ID of the ship that it belongs to. For instance: The type A shuttle is ship ID 128, and its shan id is 128. The many types of Arachnid (or any other ship for that matter), just have identical shans that are id'ed to the variants of that type of ship. It's the same as it was in EV and EVO. You could make two ship spins point to the same pict resource, but have ids for two different ships.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

And yes I do know who Matt Burch is, what_is_the_matrix, and I think that EV is one of the greatest games around.

------------------

Yes! Got it working. Thanks for all your help!

------------------