POVRay Camera Questions

So I'm making my sprites, but POVRay seems to have a farely wide-angle camera. Is there any way to change the focal point so that it's farther away from camera? I think that it's possible to achieve a similar effect by rendering a larger picture and putting the model farther away from the camera, but then that'd mean that I'd have a lot of black space around the model.

Does anyone know how Dr. Ralph's Sprites clips the sprites? Does it clip from the top left (like POVRay does), or does it clip from the center?

Thanks

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Originally posted by what_is_the_matrix:
**So I'm making my sprites, but POVRay seems to have a farely wide-angle camera. Is there any way to change the focal point so that it's farther away from camera? I think that it's possible to achieve a similar effect by rendering a larger picture and putting the model farther away from the camera, but then that'd mean that I'd have a lot of black space around the model.

Does anyone know how Dr. Ralph's Sprites clips the sprites? Does it clip from the top left (like POVRay does), or does it clip from the center?

Thanks

Matrix

Aargh! It deleted my entire response!
play around w/ up and right vectors in the camera statement - they're in the manual under the camera section in the reference section.
And Dr. Ralph's sprites tool clips from the center.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.rit.edu/~jxc1906/")(Insert Signature Here)(/url)

(This message has been edited by Wyvern (edited 05-14-2002).)

Originally posted by Wyvern:
**Aargh! It deleted my entire response!
play around w/ up and right vectors in the camera statement - they're in the manual under the camera section in the reference section.
And Dr. Ralph's sprites tool clips from the center.

Thanks. I'll have to re-read the manual again. I thought I had checked it all, but I guess I missed it. I'll try that first, then I'll try clipping in sprites.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."