TC creative advisors

I posted this on the Nova board, but after getting no replies I decided this is probably a better place to look for help:
Okay everyone, I believe I have played through enough of Nova to continue the plug I had started developing in EVO. I doubt it will be out anytime soon, so don't ask. The basic idea is you are the captain of the first human vessel to leave the sol system (first encounter stuff). It is more complicated than that, and that is why I've decided to get the storyline written out on paper and the missions put into an outline before I actually start making the plug.

The reason I'm posting this is because I'd like it if I could get the email addresses of four or five people (preferably with past plug developing experience) that would be willing to act as creative advisors (ie if I get writer's block). I would just post my ideas on this board, but I'd rather not give away too much of my plug features or storyline, I want people to be surprised when they play it, not knowing what to expect.

Also, are all the ideas that were in the Nova engine idea competition that ended recently up for grabs? I saw some really cool ideas just skimming through that thread .

If you are interested, post in this thread and I'll email you if you're in (and it is possible that I might choose more than five).

There really isn't much work involved other than giving your opinion on something and you will be given due credit as creative advisors and first dibs on beta testing.

Thanks in advance :).

------------------
-Hail Pougan!

Well, if all you want is somebody to, at irregular intervals, look over a script and make suggestions, I'd be willing to help.

------------------
(Insert Signature Here)

Basically. Just the emails of some people to get their opinions about something (ie should I take angle A or πŸ†’ so that I don't have to post it on the web board and reveal my ideas to everyone.

I appreciate it :).

------------------
-Hail Pougan!

Sure, I'll do it. micahg@microserve.net is my email.

Divals

------------------
"And then god did come up from heaven and said, 'Do my bidding, you pitiful, powerless, weak humans! Go and spread my li... er, I mean truth, throughout the world!' And then he did laugh most evilly, and the planet of Mososuis did split in half, with one half becoming the moon, and the other half, bearing all its inhabitants, did fly into the sun. Yes." -from the Book of Relics, planet Rikka
Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?
(url="http://"mailto:micahg@microserve.net")mailto:micahg@microserve.net(/url)micahg@microserve.net

ttm@no-op.com here πŸ™‚

I'm always happy to help people with their plugins, since mine is bound to take years to do on the scale that I'm planning it.

------------------
"Nietzsche is dead." -
God

Yep, me too; my email is in my sig ^_^ ransom582@mac.com

BTW I'm working on (two) stories/books/pieces of writing whatever you want to call them, so I've got a little experience in that field.

------------------
What have I done?
(url="http://"mailto:ransom582@mac.com")mailto:ransom582@mac.com(/url)ransom582@mac.com

I'd like to help as well, my email is irishtaig@gotmail.com

------------------
"Absolutely nothing, which is entirely the point you are completely succeeding to miss"-me

Cool. I really appreciate it and I would like to offer my creative advising to those who signed up and have their own plugs as well - pougan@woh.rr.com - πŸ™‚

I believe I have enough advisors now, thanks again.

------------------
-Hail Pougan!

yay! finally someone is making a plug of the grand exploration!

i could give you some advice and such, but i wouldn't want you to count on me...

i would like to see your intro (the basic stuff the player is allowed to know before they start playing), so that i can decide whether or not i want to ruin the mystery of the game... πŸ™‚ but if i like it i'd be willing to help.

whurp@telus.net

chill πŸ˜‰

------------------

what the??? I was going to do the same thing!! I have already made my starmap and the ships for one of the major gΓΆvts... Well, I am not going to quit my project now, so there will be two of those grand exploration plugs...

------------------
If a god of love and life
ever did exist, he is
long since dead.
Someone,

I don't see why there couldn't be two grand exploration plugs (There are going to be two Wraith plugs). Besides, I doubt they both have the same exact plots. I'll post the intro once I tweak it to the way I like it :).

------------------
-Hail Pougan!

Okay here is the intro (subject to change w/o notice :)):

In the not-too-distant future, in the year 2050; a few decades after World War 3 (the war against terrorism), Earth had become a Utopia. All the countries of the world united against terrorism and terrorist nations. After WW3 ended with good prevailing, all countries of the world created a central government: the United Nations of Earth. During this time, technological development was teeming.

Unfortunately, hyperspace travel wasn't likely to be discovered for decades or even centuries. But Human scientists refused to let that stop them. While in the mist of developing a Deep Space Exploration Vessel, scientists discovered the existence of a stable wormhole hiding just outside of our solar system.

You have been choosen to be the captain of the first human vessel to leave the Sol system and make first contact with an extraterrestrial species. There is no telling what wonders, or dangers there are to be discovered, only the certainty, that mankind will continue to reach out in search of answers, and more questions...

------------------
-Hail Pougan!

I'd be willing to help a bit, so long as you didn't require me to write full storylines. If you run into "writer's block," though, I'd be more than happy to help out.

My email is michael@wheenit.com, if you should require my services.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/")www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/(/url)

I'll help if you need me.

daimyo@appleisp.net

I don't really have any plug experience (of completed plugs that is) except for beta testing the Cygnus Alliance (a new EV plug) but I believe I have a decent idea of how the Nova engine operates so I wouldn't suggest that you to do anything that is impossible because of engine restrictions.

------------------

If anyone still needs help, I'm in.

michael33@springmail.com

Thank you for allowing me to help in advance. Good luck to all on finishing your TCs.

------------------
Mike Clodfelter (Mike
Vaderrr)
Be sure to stop at the
wonderful world of Clod 1.

If you still need help e-mail me (url="http://"mailto:patrick_1@mac.com")mailto:patrick_1@mac.com(/url)patrick_1@mac.com