Extra Stuff

If you guys ever upgraded the hell out of your ship, and sometimes you can't see the rest of the stuff because it gets cut off in the extra dialog box, sometimes a plug-in which gives a bigger window helps. But let's say you end up getting more than 50 items, not including stacked items (ie. if I had 25 rockets, that counts as one) is there a way to prevent it from having it disappear, and if I add additional, is there a way to prevent my EVO from crashing everytime I try to access that window?

------------------
Nosumus Fortiolis Quad Volimus

I think there is some sort of internal limit of what you can show on the window. If you get enough, they get cut off, and if you get even more, EV/O crashes. Not sure if anyone has ever managed to make a plug to prevent this (with larger dialog boxes), but in Nova at least that problem has been ended (or at least vastly put off). Good luck if you find a way, I'd like to hear about it.

------------------
"What goes up must come down, unless it reaches Escape Velocity and flies off to Palshife to join the Rebellion."
(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/dl-redirect.pl/TheChallenge101.sea.bin?path=evn/plugins&file;=TheChallenge101.sea.bin")The Challenge(/url): A deadly test of skill and power (new version 1.0.2 coming soon)
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/mrxak/Haikus/haikus.html")The Haiku Archive(/url): Collected Works of the Rabid Haiku Generator

Originally posted by Coraxus:
**If you guys ever upgraded the hell out of your ship, and sometimes you can't see the rest of the stuff because it gets cut off in the extra dialog box, sometimes a plug-in which gives a bigger window helps. But let's say you end up getting more than 50 items, not including stacked items (ie. if I had 25 rockets, that counts as one) is there a way to prevent it from having it disappear, and if I add additional, is there a way to prevent my EVO from crashing everytime I try to access that window?

Um, make your long outfit names shorter?

Sorry, I don't have any other ideas. If someone comes up with one, I'd like to hear it.

------------------
Mike Lee (Firebird)

Originally posted by Firebird:
**Um, make your long outfit names shorter?

Sorry, I don't have any other ideas. If someone comes up with one, I'd like to hear it.

I'm not sure if it works, I think the only thing that affects it is the number of items not the length of the words. But who knows?

Also, I wonder if it's possible to add a side scroll bar as an alternative, I've tried to do it but with no success.

------------------

Originally posted by Coraxus:
I'm not sure if it works, I think the only thing that affects it is the number of items not the length of the words. But who knows?

Also, I wonder if it's possible to add a side scroll bar as an alternative, I've tried to do it but with no success.

Ehh, I suppose. Haven't tried it myself, though I've run into a problem with my outfit names being too long (they're each cut off).

As far as a scroll bar is concerned, yeah, that's definitely out of the question, since the little text field is a user item, not a text field, in the DITL resource.

------------------
Mike Lee (Firebird)

Having a cheat plug-in in which you have that many things is just plain high in the first place. 🙂 I guess you can change the Resedit rsrc DITLs though.

-Nat

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com

it still does that to me in EV N

------------------
Adventure Dog: Everyone's favorite little black and white dog.
In a fight for peace, you must fight for equality, not revenge.

Originally posted by Lequis MX:
**Having a cheat plug-in in which you have that many things is just plain high in the first place.:) I guess you can change the Resedit rsrc DITLs though.

-Nat

I've already extended the windows as much as possible, but it still doesn't solve the disappearing of the outfit items and the crashes when you have tons of stuff.

------------------