AVN - is this a bug? (or on purpose)

I've been "testing" your level "The Surface" and have found a spot that doesn't work properly (I think).

It is a transporter door right at the bottom of the level (I can't see the entire door - just the top 2/3rds). The only way I can see to use the door is to jump into in and then jump up.

Ferazel comes through the connecting door, but I cannot move him at all. He just floats slowly down to the bottom and lands on the rock that is sitting there to be rolled onto a button. I cannot move left, right, up or down. Eventually Ferazel starts to dance. I have to abort the game to move him.

I've tried to go through more than a few times. Sometimes the screen just goes dark and then I hear Ferazel die and the "continue" screen comes up.

Can you tell me - is this a bug or just another sadistic ploy? (You've made me swear more than once with this level).

Thx

Is anyone else testing the Surface? I've managed to get through the doorway mentioned above (but I think there is a bug - 50% of the time I lose control of Ferazel and have to esc and try again). Now I'm in the next section where you have to leap across a big pool of acid and am TOTALLY frustrated (from a game playing perspective anyway) in that I can't figure out how to open the stone door at the far right end of that particular section. (Email me if you don't want to give away any secrets.) Pleeeeeze!

AVN - I have spent more time on this level than any other level ever! Congratulations (I guess) but my PB has almost become a projectile.

------------------

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
**AVN - I have spent more time on this level than any other level ever! Congratulations (I guess) but my PB has almost become a projectile.

Don't be afraid to give up and ask AVN to make it easier.
His levels are very hard.

------------------
Measuring energy in kilowatt-hours is as stupid as measuring distance in knot-seconds.

I guess what I'm saying is, (unless I'm missing something in the level,) the level is too hard (as I can't figure out how to progress)....

a hint would be nice...

------------------

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
**Ferazel comes through the connecting door, but I cannot move him at all. He just floats slowly down to the bottom and lands on the rock that is sitting there to be rolled onto a button. I cannot move left, right, up or down. Eventually Ferazel starts to dance. I have to abort the game to move him.

This happens in my levels too. It's not AVN's fault. 🙂 It's a bug with the game.

------------------
"States should have the right to enact reasonable laws and restrictions particularly to end the inhumane practice of ending a life that otherwise could live"
Is Dubya thinking of eliminating the death penalty, or just being hypocritical about abortion?

The door thing- yes, that is a bug. I don't know how to fix it, besides putting ground below the first door.

With the pit of acid, try shooting the walls of the large shaft you come out in after the "door incident".

------------------
Your pet poodle is flying loop-de-loops over my microchips! The poodle is coming! The poodle is coming! (Don't ask 🙂 )

Originally posted by AVN:
**The door thing- yes, that is a bug. I don't know how to fix it, besides putting ground below the first door.

With the pit of acid, try shooting the walls of the large shaft you come out in after the "door incident".

I've found those openings in the shaft, got the keys, found the secret passage and have found all sorts of places to go in there, but always end up in a dead end with no escape. With all the passages I've found, still haven't found a way to open the stone door at the far right.

Too hard or just me big dummy? Open to debate! (Ask my teenager and it's Big Dummy Mom every time!)

------------------

I beleive it opens from hitting a button in the "key room" (the one where you insert them, not find them). I haven't looked at it for a while, hold on.

(later) Nope, that's not it. If it's the door I'm thinking of, there's a button right next to it. Hmmm... describe the part where you are further.(/later)
------------------
Your pet poodle is flying loop-de-loops over my microchips! The poodle is coming! The poodle is coming! (Don't ask 🙂 )

(This message has been edited by AVN (edited 04-20-2001).)