New type of mission idea

with the power of the new abilities for missions, you could create a very intersting new type of mission.

Capturing ships.

Here is an example of a mission that could be created, and I would love to see done.

You make a mission that commands you to go capture a federation carrier. To complete the mission you must have a fed carrier. Upon your return when your flying the captured fed carrier, the required mission bit will be met, and the mission will be a success. It will then give you your pay, goverment bonus points, and finally, change your ship into something else. SInce you have given that captured ship to the goverment. You will be actually transfered into a shuttle.

Additionally the mission can give you a special outfit- a super marine platoon to help you capture.
Since an inteligent player would do it anyway, the dialouge can also mention that if the player desires they can sell everything out of the ship for some extra money since the rebels dont need it anyway. I believe you could use some ncbs to require them to leave items in too, if the mission were to capture the rebels a thorium ractor for ex.

The mission would probably need to be devided into two in a row since you need the restriction of owing the ship you were to captured, and you cant do that mid mission.

Finally the point of missions could be ether as a part of a string, or as a sub parts similar to the defend planet missions.

If I were to do it, I would make it so that you complete the mission 8 times or so, and then the Rebels develop the ship and then posess "Rebel Carrier Flagships" and more versions. It would really be a fearsome ship considering how good the other rebel upgraded ships. The actual graphic would be rather easy, simply paint the fed carrier green tint, and put the logo that is on the dragoon on the top.

I would do this, but I dont have the time to complete it, but it would really be a neat idea and one I'd love to see used.

------------------

That's kinda interesting... but that text made very little sense. You should do that. It'd be quick.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Thats a pretty cool Idea.

I had one to that I was gonna suggest for the Star Trek creators, that a invisible mission would be started from the beggining of the game. Then the "Borg" would be pirates so that hey try to disable the ship then board, then when you are boarded the mission would fail and a bit would be set when you fail that says that you have been assimilated by the borg so everyone hates you except them. After that you could make it so that if the person doesn't follow the missions to the dot then they will destroy you.

There are so many possibilities that you can do now with the whole "set" and "check" mission bits.

If anyone would be willing to do the "rebel carrier" graphic, I could do the rest. I dont have the capability or the know how to do the graphics and thats the main thing stoping me from doing it. If you want to do the graphics I can do the rest, or if you want to take the idea and run with it, ether eay I'd be happy I'd like to see this type of mission implimented in at least one plugin.

I'd write the mission into the rebel string, or possibly even into a lead in to it. (ie: gain rebs trust being hired ship-jacker...if your willing to steal causing massive damage to feds, your obviously supporting them, and worth to join, or if not they still get a couple free ships) So basically it would fit in as ether a start, or a co mission in the string that is not a part of it, but can be gotten along with it.

------------------