Outfit Quest

Is ther a way to run AI scripts on the players ship?

possible uses would include:

-a "cheap" marine corp that defects and capturers your ship.

-a autoland system, probably to fire like a secondary weapon.

-a commander that newbs can delegate controll to.

it would be neat, iff plausible

NebuchadnezzaR:
Is ther a way to run AI scripts on the players ship?

it would be neat, iff plausible

no, no, and no.

A.

------------------
There is a place, where these creatures of phenominal power exist. I went their once, and walked as they did, and studied them. Only then did I understand why we act as we do. - From the, "Guidebook to Humans", Antigan Military pamphlet

Originally posted by NebuchadnezzaR:
**Is ther a way to run AI scripts on the players ship?

it would be neat, iff plausible**

Impossible. Sorry.

You could do the marine corps one. Just make it give you an escape pod and auto-escape along with it, then run a crön that ends in your ship blowing up, with the story that the marines took over and ejected you.

------------------
"Nietzsche is dead." -
God

Originally posted by Q:
**You could do the marine corps one. Just make it give you an escape pod and auto-escape along with it, then run a crön that ends in your ship blowing up, with the story that the marines took over and ejected you.

Actually, wouldn't that cause you to be automatically placed in a shuttlecraft on one of the starting systems? You'd probably want to make a ship that looks like an escape pod and make it an escape ship, and give an auto eject. That way you have to pilot it to the nearest spob and get a new ship. It'd be more realistic. Also that way, you could have your own "You drifted in space..." message.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

That idea sort of reminds me of a trick that I once tried to do but I don't remember if it worked or not, but basically you accept a mission where a parasite boards your ship eating up your fuel reserves and your objective was to somehow find a way to rid the alien.

The way it worked was that when you accepted the mission, you automatically receive an outfit item who's flag was set to drain your fuel(being that the techlevel was 32767 making it unsellable) at a certain rate, and if you completed the mission, it would automatically remove it from your ship.

I think the final step was to buy a repelent outfit, that would have the flag set to having it removed once bought and the mission bit would trigger the completion somehow and finally remove the parasite. But I think this part was what kind of messed things up so I decided to omit it out.

I'm still trying to work on it though.

------------------
Nosumus Fortiolis Quad Volimus

You could probably do it with some macro program if you tried hard enough, but you still wouldn't be able to activate it from within the game, I don't think.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, use more duct tape.

Originally posted by Coraxus:
**That idea sort of reminds me of a trick that I once tried to do but I don't remember if it worked or not, but basically you accept a mission where a parasite boards your ship eating up your fuel reserves and your objective was to somehow find a way to rid the alien.

The way it worked was that when you accepted the mission, you automatically receive an outfit item who's flag was set to drain your fuel(being that the techlevel was 32767 making it unsellable) at a certain rate, and if you completed the mission, it would automatically remove it from your ship.

I think the final step was to buy a repelent outfit, that would have the flag set to having it removed once bought and the mission bit would trigger the completion somehow and finally remove the parasite. But I think this part was what kind of messed things up so I decided to omit it out.

I'm still trying to work on it though.

Actually, that whole thing would be kind of cool as a buyable outfit, disguised as a regular one. Maybe some sort of salvaged thing that you put on your ship, only to discover that it doesn't work very well and your fuel gets drained really quickly. You have to get somebody to kill it for you, replacing it with a non-draining outfit.

------------------
"What goes up must come down, unless it reaches Escape Velocity and flies off to Palshife to join the Rebellion."
(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/dl-redirect.pl/TheChallenge101.sea.bin?path=evn/plugins&file;=TheChallenge101.sea.bin")The Challenge(/url): A deadly test of skill and power (new version 1.0.2 coming soon)
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/mrxak/Haikus/haikus.html")The Haiku Archive(/url): Collected Works of the Rabid Haiku Generator