simple pers question

how exactly to pers work? I understand that a pers masks a ship. I created a pers taht appears in a gov. system. But I never see him. What probablity do they have to show up in a system. I even experimented by adding him to the list of pers to show up in the syst resource itself...brought him up to about 60% probablity to be there....but still nothing. Do pers work independant of syst resource? Or have I just missed something all togther?

------------------
-The answer to most of life's quandaries: It's good for the exact same reason it's bad.
-Often wrong, never in doubt.

That is odd, I have made a few pers resources and had no troubles with them showing up. What ever.

------------------
Mike Clodfelter (Mike
Vaderrr)
Be sure to stop at the
wonderful world of Clod 1.

A përs you have created will not work until you start a new pilot - it will be marked "dead" in current pilots.

------------------
"A taco is merely a rigid, deformed tortilla."
- Thomas Castiglione
"There will be MUCH CRUSHING!"
- Pink

pers (at least in EV and EVO) aren't a good way to create a ship that consistently shows up. Putting a pers in a syst field won't work, EV will just plain reject it. Those fields were meant for dudes only (or if you're really crazy you can add flets). Pers have a <5% chance of appearing in any system you let them appear in. The only way to consistently make a pers appear is to tie it in to a mission. What exactly are you trying to do, and why can't you use a dude?

------------------
Gage Stryker,
Purveyor of missing links.
This post is subject to all the protections and benifits of the posting code
It's coming - (url="http://"http://www26.brinkster.com/bdprod/index.html")Visible Menace for EVO!(/url) Current as of 03/21/02 | | v 0.2.7 | | 12.5 MB | | 42% to Beta

Originally posted by Gage_Stryker:
**pers (at least in EV and EVO) aren't a good way to create a ship that consistently shows up. Putting a pers in a syst field won't work, EV will just plain reject it. Those fields were meant for dudes only (or if you're really crazy you can add flets). Pers have a <5% chance of appearing in any system you let them appear in. The only way to consistently make a pers appear is to tie it in to a mission. What exactly are you trying to do, and why can't you use a dude?

Well I'm trying to make a rebel expander plug in, I was trying to create flag ships that buzz rebel space and the fringe territories. I thought it would be nifty to have the dragon flag ships stand out by giving them a different tone of color...as far as I know the pers resource is the only one that can change the color the ships with out having to modify the sprites for them. I didn't see any place in the dudes or ship resources to throw in a html color code...at least in nova tools...

------------------
-The answer to most of life's quandaries: It's good for the exact same reason it's bad.

You can make a new government that is allied with the rebelion. This government has a ship coloration, and your capital shpis belong to this government!

------------------

Originally posted by cavin:
**You can make a new government that is allied with the rebelion. This government has a ship coloration, and your capital shpis belong to this government!

actually that helps out a lot. Thanks!

------------------