System/Planet Legal Status?

Does anyone know if the separate legal status for system/planet is working the way it should?

I was doing the Rebel runs from Merrol, and on one of the equiptment runs I ran into a Bureau Prodigal Son and killed it. That of course made the Feds mad at me, and turned Aldebaran red, but it shouldn't have affected my status with Merrol, should it?

When I tried to drop back to Merrol without a mission to check the bar, I was told that the planet was hostile. Of course while I was sitting there paging the planet my point-defense systems were knockin on the patrolling Feds, but that shouldn't offend the Rebels.

------------------

Shouldn't that question be asked in the EV Nova forum? But as for my reply, I've run into the same problem. I was running missions for the feds, and I popped off a whole bunch of Auroran ships, and suddenly all of Fed space was mad at me (of course, it could have been that destroyer that I captured, but I had a really good legal status at that time...). I couldn't figure it out.

------------------
Captain: What happen?
Mechanic: Someone set up us the bomb!
Operator: We get signal.
Captain: What!

No, this question would have to be answered by ATMOS or someone who knows the Nova engine.

The problem is that the Aldebaran s˙st is Federation, but Merrol spöb is Rebel, and running the Rebel food and equipment missions increases your reputation with the Rebels, but should have no affect on your reputation with the Feds.

Conversely, changes in your reputation with the Feds should have no affect on your reputation with the Rebels, so you should still be able to land on Merrol, although not on the other planets in the system.

------------------

Slight counter-argument: the Federation and Rebels are enemies. Thus, making one a bit happy makes the other a little bit less happy.

------------------
"A taco is merely a rigid, deformed tortilla."
- Thomas Castiglione
"There will be MUCH CRUSHING!"
- Pink