EV Nova Questions

I think these belong here rather than on the regular webboard, and Ambrosia support is pretty busy.

First, I have found two missions (and reported them to help ) where the 'b' is missing before the '511'. I am just curious, but does someone know exactly how the nova engine will react if the operator is missing before the bit number? Since there are a number of possible operators.

Second, I have been having a problem with some cheat plugins. I tried to make a Fake ID, and although the '21' mod type is still listed in the Nova Bible, it doesn't appear to have any effect. Incidentally, I have found the workaround for this. But the workaround brought up another question.

Changes to legal status for a government don't appear to have a consistent effect. For instance in some cases the Gli-Tech system is forbidden (orange) even tho I am a good citizen in most of the rest of the Federation. I can of course get to Gli-Tech by picking up a mission for them, but I wondered. What is my legal status on Gli-Tech when I land? And how do you make a planet forbidden? Or not forbidden? For instance how could you create a new system/planet in a plug-in, but with some sort of special requirement for landing, such as having to kill a particular përs?

I have also run into a curious problem with trying to make an expanded map plug-in. I made one for a map of space within 8 jumps. Purchased on Earth, this displays systems way out past Evlei into Wraith space. But it doesn't show the Galvan system at all. It shows just unexplored systems one jump away from Kania, which is only two jumps from Sol. Weird.

So I thought that there might be some restrictions in the Nova engine which don't allow certain mods to function fully. Can someone tell me more about what is going on? Matt and ATMOS are busy right now with the update.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

------------------

For making a planet where you can not land unless you are, lets say a citizen of the planets government, you go into ResEdit. In the Spob resource you need to go to the min cool section. It is the blank in the top right of the template. Then you refer to the Nova Bible and find the Appendix to see the range of numbers for being a citizen of a government. You then just type in the number that you want and this makes it so you can not land until you are at that government respect nummber. I suppose that if you want to make someone foridden from landing on a planet, you would just need to make that planet's min cool higher than the rest of the planets of that government. So in this way, you could be a citizen with the Federation, lets say, and yet not be ableto land on all Federation planets. I think that I will need to use this in my up comming plugin.

Hope this helps you out. I am not sure about the other things that you asked for.

------------------
Mike Clodfelter (Mike
Vaderrr)
Be sure to stop at the
wonderful world of Clod 1.