Intro Related Questions (EVO)

I've got a couple of questions relating to intro material in EVO (when you start a new pilot):

Transition Scene Music -- What's the length limit to this (or is it a fixed length)? I'm trying to make my music start here, and if I remember correctly, a Star Wars plug-in did something to this effect. When I try plugging in my 35 second piece of music though, it doesn't play most of it.

Intro Text Scroll Rate -- Is this constant? If it is, it'd be cool to make the music match the words. Right now it does it pretty well by coincidence, but if I alter the issue above, this might be affected. But if it's not constant, it doesn't really matter.

Intro Text Limit -- I remember writing a huge intro for a piece of vaporware in the past, and a good portion of it got cut off. Anyone know what the line limit to this is? I can't remember.

If anyone answers, thanks in advance. This board really is a great resource.

------------------
Mike Lee (Firebird)

Originally posted by Firebird:
**I've got a couple of questions relating to intro material in EVO (when you start a new pilot):

Transition Scene Music -- ...

Haven't a clue about that, sorry.

Intro Text Scroll Rate -- Is this constant?....

It appears to be just based on observation, haven't measured it.

Intro Text Limit -- I remember writing a huge intro for a piece of vaporware in the past, and a good portion of it got cut off. Anyone know what the line limit to this is? I can't remember.

Don't believe I have ever seen that written anywhere.
I just finished an intro for New Republic (EV) that runs to 95 strings and seems to function OK. Don't remember, but I believe I did have to shorten the original attempt somewhat. You will probably just have to experiment some. A bigger problem for me was getting the text to display on screen in something approximating correct alignment; that took a lot of trial and error.

Good luck.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer