EV Nova Vell-os Plugin Idea

My younger brother (Pentax Vangaurd) and I had an idea for a Vell-os plugin. Our thoughts were that the Vell-os should not be able to add stuff to their ships because there isn't anything really there. Vell-os ships are mental projections. So what happens after you land? All the stuff you bought falls off and gets broken... And how do you port & polish a mental projection? So we thought that a set of mental training upgrades would be appropriate for them.

Idea: 3 seperate classes of training (novice, experienced and master) for each speed/acceleration/turning/etc upgrade. You could purchase the first with a Dart, and the first two with an Arrom and all three levels with the Javelin. In other words, a Javelin could purchase three levels of upgrades for each component of the training. Also, as this training would be done by another Vell-os master, there would NOT be a restriction on buying it within the Vell-os thread.

Prospective upgrades could be: top speed, acceleration, turn rate, cloak (two levels, one can fire the other can't), horizontal booster-type, sensor upgrades, fuel capacity, recharge (shields and/or fuel), and any others that can be thought of.

We decided against doing weapons as the ones they have are fairly powerful and we didn't want to screw around with animations. But if someone wanted to do this, feel free!

The only problem is that neither of us are plugin developers and we don't have the time to learn. So... any volunteers? And is this a good idea? If you wish, you can contact me at jniles1@mac.com.

PS: We are also posting this in the Nova board.

------------------
I think, therefor iMac.
What would you get if they plugged all the security holes in Windows? Nobody else knows either!

I'm doing a plug to add a bit more for Vell-os players. Well, female Vell-os players in particular. I hate how even though you can be a gal, all the missions and such are tailored to guys. Well, this plug will have a mission string accessable only to females. I like your ideas, and I was gonna do something like that... the only problem with the cloak is that the weapons are coded to fire under a cloak or not... so I'd have to make two of every weapon and somehow replace them with the "fire under cloak" versions when you get to the next level of cloaking. I may just try it though. Thanks for the ideas! 🙂