Fighter Question

I have created a new fighter bay and fighter and everything is working except the fighters can't dock for some reason... They try but they fly right through my ship. Any help or interesting comments?

Anybody notice that in the Nova Bible under the shďp resource it says for key carried "The key carried ship type, used for interesting effects in the wëap and shän resources." How about some elaboration? Anybody know what these interesting effects might be?

The keycarried field is used for showing a different ship graphic when the mothership either has or doesn't have fighters. It behaves like the aux graphic, except that it only appears when the mothership has at least one of the ship in question in its bays.

------------------
"Nietzsche is dead." -
God

Originally posted by Q:
**The keycarried field is used for showing a different ship graphic when the mothership either has or doesn't have fighters. It behaves like the aux graphic, except that it only appears when the mothership has at least one of the ship in question in its bays.

I think this was done so that the engine could handle that "separation sequence" from the star trek series. The disk would be the fighter, and the ship graphic would then shift to a "headless" enterprisey kind of thing.

Anybody want to try answering the first question?

Ah ha... It is a bug or something that won't let the civilian viper dock back into its bay. I changed the type of ship my bay was shooting to a light shuttle and it worked perfectly.

So now my question is who do I go to, to get it fixed?

Check the civ. Viper's shďp resource.

Originally posted by Cafall:
Check the civ. Viper's shďp resource.

I've gone over it several times... I got the exact same oüfts and weapon to work perfectly with the civilian lightning.