NovaTools & w00tware

For some odd reason, I can't get NovaTools to work.

I edited the preferences correctly (and even tried using someone elses), but I still can't get it to work. Whenever I open shomething (such as the shďp Shuttle), it's all a bunch of numbers/letters, acting as if there is no TMPL data. When, really, there is one within the new ResEdit Preferences. I tried putting the TMPL file inside the Nova Data 1 to see if it would read it then, but to no avail.

Someone help me with this.

<snip>
(edit) Okay, I guess w00tware made NovaTools. Well, someone help me! (This is way more complicated than editing EV Classic) (/edit)

------------------
Keep what ye c'n git, an' keep what ye ha'e, for that is the wey t' gettin' rich - Old Scottish Commoner Saying - "Mac users are loyal. PC users are stubborn

Originally posted by The Space Between:
**For some odd reason, I can't get NovaTools to work.

I edited the preferences correctly (and even tried using someone elses), but I still can't get it to work. Whenever I open shomething (such as the shďp Shuttle), it's all a bunch of numbers/letters, acting as if there is no TMPL data. When, really, there is one within the new ResEdit Preferences. I tried putting the TMPL file inside the Nova Data 1 to see if it would read it then, but to no avail.

Someone help me with this.

<snip>

Are you sure you pasted all the novatools successfully into your ResEdit preferences. Also check:

1. ResEdit 2.1.3
  2. Allocate more memory to ResEdit - 8MB or more, (sometimes much much more - 40MB to open the Auroran cruiser)

For each resource type you want to edit you need to have the corresponding 'RSSC' code and associated resources correctly in your ResEdit prefs, otherwise it will just default to the HEX editor.

Cheers
DrR

------------------
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/dr_ralph/index.html") w00tWare: NovaTools are here!(/url)

4Z?L4dLOriginally posted by DrRalph:
**Are you sure you pasted all the novatools successfully into your ResEdit preferences. Also check:

1. ResEdit 2.1.3
  2. Allocate more memory to ResEdit - 8MB or more, (sometimes much much more - 40MB to open the Auroran cruiser)

For each resource type you want to edit you need to have the corresponding 'RSSC' code and associated resources correctly in your ResEdit prefs, otherwise it will just default to the HEX editor.

Cheers
DrR

**(/QUOTE)

I copy/pasted everything needed. But I may have to do it again, 'cuz I can't remember what I did. But someone gave me their's because their's worked right.

2.1.3 is installed.

I have 220480 k allocated to ResEdit 2.1.3

Here's what I have in ResEdit Preferences: (In order from left to right)

actb
ALRT
cicn
CNTL
CURS
dctb
DITL
DLOG
FILE
GNRL
icl4
ICN#
ICON
LDEF
MENU
PICK
PICT
PREF
RndR
RSSC
RVEW
STR#
TITL
TMPL

Is that all correct? If not, maybe someone can send me their ResEdit Prefs through eMail?

The only thing "between" or "different" about these two files (Prefs and all of Nova's data) is that they're on separate harddrives (Prefs on Mac built-in, Nova on OWC Mercury Elite external HD)

I don't think that's the problem though. And if it is, NovaTools sucks. 😛

------------------
Keep what ye c'n git, an' keep what ye ha'e, for that is the wey t' gettin' rich - Old Scottish Commoner Saying - "Mac users are loyal. PC users are stubborn

,snip>
I copy/pasted everything needed. But I may have to do it again, 'cuz I can't remember what I did. But someone gave me their's because their's worked right.

2.1.3 is installed.

I have 220480 k allocated to ResEdit 2.1.3

<snip>
I don't think that's the problem though. And if it is, NovaTools sucks. 😛

(/B)

Trash your resedit prefs and restart resedit and try again.

BTW ResEdit/NovaTools works fine between hard disks. So, unless there is something else wrong with your system (you haven't given any details : hardware or system software or other extensions), there is no way to tell what is wrong.

You can safely cut the allocation back to about 20-40,000 k though, 215MB is a bit excessive! How much RAM do you have anyway.

Cheers
DrR

------------------
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/dr_ralph/index.html") w00tWare: NovaTools are here!(/url)

Originally posted by DrRalph:
**Trash your resedit prefs and restart resedit and try again.

BTW ResEdit/NovaTools works fine between hard disks. So, unless there is something else wrong with your system (you haven't given any details : hardware or system software or other extensions), there is no way to tell what is wrong.

You can safely cut the allocation back to about 20-40,000 k though, 215MB is a bit excessive! How much RAM do you have anyway.

Cheers
DrR

Umm, if I trash the ResEdit prefs, then what was the purpose of copy/pasting the resources over to it?

Tch. I only have 400Mhz.

------------------

**Umm, if I trash the ResEdit prefs, then what was the purpose of copy/pasting the resources over to it?

Tch. I only have 400Mhz.

The good doctor is trying to set you up with a fresh set of preferences. That list of resources you gave was far too short, and lacked everything NOVA specific.

Open Res-Edit after deleting you old prefs. Create a copy of the new prefs, and open it with Res-Edit. Open the NovaTools templates. Copy everything from the NovaTools file into the Res-Edit preferences. Replace old Res-Edit preferences. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

NovaTools installation was a breeze, very straight-forward, I thought. Try again. This is the simple part of plug-in making.

------------------
Eytee
farpoint@mac.com