it's 3 in the morning...

well, no, actually it isn't, but I'm sure it is somewhere on Earth. Anyhow...

in my TC plug for EVO --which nobody will use since NOVA's comming out soon--, i've been struggling with this bug for the past... 6, 8 months? OK, so, when i enter a system, by means of leaving a planet or jumping, that has a dude type or flët with the gov't "House Anacreon", the game freezes. I went with ResEdit/Mission Computer and changed a few things around. when I change the govenrment on those dudes/fleets, then it works fine. I created a new gov't with the same stats in case of a bad resource #, and it still froze. When I unchecked the Xenophobe box, it worked fine. And if it makes a difference, i re did House Anacreon to have no allies.

A few more odd things, House Anacreon has "enemy" set to the "Order of the Eagle". the Order of the Eagle has "enemy" set to "House Anacreon", and "ally" set to "Merchant League (Fighters)". Merchant League (Fighters) has "enemy" set to "House Anacreon" and "ally" set to "Merchant League". Merchant League has no enemy, and has "ally" set to "Traders". Traders have no ally, no enemy.

Now, for the odd things. When Hosue Anacreon has "Xenophobe" checked, Merchant League (Fighters) attack them. When House Anacreon doesn't have "Xenophobe" checked, Merchant League (Fighters) don't attack them, and fore some reason MLF helps HA when they are attacked.

Onto the last oddity; the program ONLY FREEZES when 1) the Xenophobe box is checked on HA, nd 2) if you have gone to the shipyard or the outfit ship place and not quit the game. So if you buy a new ship, it will freeze if you go to a system that has HA ships in it unless you quit and restart EVO (or unless Xenophobe is off).

Ok i know that was really long, but i am completley confused as to what to do now. Any help is welcome. If you need me to post the other stats for the gov'ts, i will. Thankyou so much to anybody that helps out! i love you! 🙂

------------------
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --Isaac Asimov, Foundation
"The loss enemies does not make up for the loss of friends." --Abraham Lincoln
"You aren't privileged to call me 'boss'. You're not tax deductible." Jubal Harshaw
"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own?" --Matthew 7:3

No idea whatsoever about your problem, but since the plug is TC it should be easy to convert to EVN with Port Authority.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, use more duct tape.

It would make sense to check all of the düde flët resources and if necessary duplicate one and modify it, step by step, to get it to work. I've never fooled with this before, but... Hm. The problem with plugin editing, as well as most programming, is that one tiny flaw can upset it all. I advise you to also check the rsrcs to make sure that if (A) is allied to (B), that (B) is allied to (A). I wish you luck.

-Nat

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com

Lequis MX:
I advise you to also check the rsrcs to make sure that if (A) is allied to (B), that (B) is allied to (A). I wish you luck.

Except for the fact that in EV, that information is irrelevant. (B)'s love for (A) is declared by the statement that (A) loves (B). It is unnessecary to set (B) to love (A).

Anatole.

------------------
Not all angels have halos. - QW12

Well, I know that the problem's in the governments, because when i change the gov't of the said dudes, then it works, so I remade from scratch the gov't resource 4 times and it sill doesn't work.

Since I posted that first paragraph, i've done a little more tweeking, and i've found nothing wrong when i make the IPL xenophobic, then I changed Anacreon to be exactly like the IPL, set it to xenophobe and it worked all right. However, that was only because I checked "never attacks player". As soon as I unchecked it, it started freezing again. i'm guessing that for some reason, the program has a problem with attacking the player when unprovoked (it worked fine if i attacked them when they were on "never attack" and "xenophobe".)

------------------
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --Isaac Asimov, Foundation
"The loss enemies does not make up for the loss of friends." --Abraham Lincoln
"You aren't privileged to call me 'boss'. You're not tax deductible." Jubal Harshaw
"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own?" --Matthew 7:3

(This message has been edited by Archon (edited 03-18-2002).)