I'm stuck (again)

I'm making a small TC plug, and I've run into (another) problem. Right now the only way I can use the plug is to replace it with the EV Data file, when I drop it in the plug-ins folder and play it, it messes up. Any remedies for this problem?

------------------
Do you want to know my signature?
really?
well...
Tough!:p

Originally posted by Zax:
I'm making a small TC plug, and I've run into (another) problem. Right now the only way I can use the plug is to replace it with the EV Data file, when I drop it in the plug-ins folder and play it, it messes up. Any remedies for this problem?

In what way does it mess up when you use it in the plug-ins folder, and why is having your data file replace the standard 'EV Data' file not a satisfactory solution?

------------------
David Arthur
(url="http://"http://davidarthur.evula.net/")davidarthur.evula.net(/url): MissionComputer and the Talon plug-in for the original Escape Velocity

I'll assume that you've just been modifying the standard EV Data file. What you need to do is change the file type and block out conflicting IDs. If you're unclear on either of those, I'll help you out.

-reg

------------------
"Oh crap. I'm going to hell - I put the Bible next to Mein Kampf again."
-Her Holiness, Pope Jenne "Kirby" Hubbs

Crashes in basic plug-in file placement can be caused by the following: Spin/Spit resource is off-calculated. ...Overlaps of resources... et cetera.

I still am not sure how I would diagnose this. Check what resources you may be using in the files, and which overlap. Also, I think the creator/file type can be an issue. If you are using the EV data file, for design and testing, you might want to just make a backup of the original EV Data, and then use it(your plugin data) instead, instead of putting it in the Plug-Ins folder.

-Lequis

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Lequis MX:
**Crashes in basic plug-in file placement can be caused by the following: Spin/Spit resource is off-calculated. ...Overlaps of resources... et cetera.

I still am not sure how I would diagnose this. Check what resources you may be using in the files, and which overlap. Also, I think the creator/file type can be an issue. If you are using the EV data file, for design and testing, you might want to just make a backup of the original EV Data, and then use it(your plugin data) instead, instead of putting it in the Plug-Ins folder.

-Lequis

Conflicts are why I went straight into TCs. At least for testing and learning, I found it easier to work with a blank slate. That meant copying the EVO data file and removing about half of it (to start).

------------------
everywhere else, it's --
"Nomuse"