Shaders in Mechanisto

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a shader in Mechanisto that blends between two other shaders, or create that effect somehow? I fiddled with using a gradient, but it can only be used to convey solid colors, and not textures, or multi-effect shaders, such as the one I am using. I am currently working on an alien type ship and wanted to use a few shaders, but not have harsh finish changes between components.

I can think of one very bad way to do it, creating multiple objects and shaders, superimposing them on top of my current objects, and using a series of shaders to "fake" it, but I really don't have the spare three or four days that entails.

------------------
Gage Stryker
----------------------
A fellow who says it can't be done is likely to be interrupted by someone doing it.
"I need a new keyboard - mine is makeing too many mistakes"

Depends on what you want to do.

If not, I can make some stuff in Bryce for you, maybe.

-Lequis

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com

You can change the Alpha(meaning opacity) value of all of the different Effects, allowing multiple ones to be visible at the same time. Is that what you want to do?

------------------
Get a life, a cyberspace life.

(This message has been edited by Colours (edited 02-16-2002).)

I've tried using alpha values, and have come close, but not close enough. What I want is a shader that transitions from a textured green and black to a bumpy steel-like color. The idea is for an organic looking alien type ship, and harsh changes ruin the whole idea

------------------
Gage Stryker
----------------------
A fellow who says it can't be done is likely to be interrupted by someone doing it.
"I need a new keyboard - mine is makeing too many mistakes"

Originally posted by Gage_Stryker:
I can think of one very bad way to do it, creating multiple objects and shaders, superimposing them on top of my current objects, and using a series of shaders to "fake" it, but I really don't have the spare three or four days that entails.

The only thing I can think is to make two copies of every object you want to have the effect on. Then you can give one--which would have to be .01 smaller than the the other--a shader with the green and black, and give the other the other shader, along with a texture properties to fade the object out. It would look something like this:
Posted Image

I don't know if that's enough, but its the only thing I could come up with at the moment.

Originally posted by Danny:
**The only thing I can think is to make two copies of every object you want to have the effect on. Then you can give one--which would have to be .01 smaller than the the other--a shader with the green and black, and give the other the other shader, along with a texture properties to fade the object out. It would look something like this:
Posted Image

I don't know if that's enough, but its the only thing I could come up with at the moment.**

Perfect! Thanks a million! The Xanth live!

------------------
Gage Stryker
---------------
It's coming - Battalion for EVO! Current: v 0.0.5: all systems, ships, and govt's created! Systems 85% complete.
gage2stryker@yahoo.ca