Houston - we need a mission!

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that would like to collaberate on mission writing for my new plug-in, Battaltion, a TC for EVO. I could technically write all the missions myself, but I fear that my creative biases would lead me to make all the governments remarkably similar in character. I don't even need mďsn resources, and those would be of little help, as my s˙sts and spöps aren't done yet. What would be nice is if someone could take on writing a storyline or two, or three, or more for a specific government.

Some info about the plug: Occurs between EV and EVO, and it's a little bit of a bridge, but not completely. Features quite a few new governments, and hopefully some compelling mission lines.
And now, drumroll the governments...

Independents - for some color, especially if people want to write something completely outside my universe, some mission strings on independent worlds would be nice. Maybe strings of 4-5 missions, related to just about anything.

Old Confed (working name) - the remains of the confederation from EV. Have become truly democratic, and have 5 major industrial worlds and a handful of smaller worlds and colonies. Located in the galactic centre, I have yet to determine an absolute direction for them. Their main enemy is the Mavericks, a bigger, badder united pirate force.

Mavericks - united pirates. They specialize in gunrunning, smuggling, intimidation, and so forth. Most of them resent the Old Confederation, but will take potshots at anyone who opposes them. Much like the EV pirates. This time, they have a mysterious ally, and the later missions should hint at this

Utopists - formed after the rebellion broke apart, believe that science can make the universe a better place. Heavy into technology, exploration, and diplomacy among other races. However, breaking into their inner cirdle is extremely difficult. Many secrets.

Mirenu and Mirano - predecessors of the Miranu in EVO. They are at civil war. The player meets the Mirenu first, who try to pretend they are completely peaceful, and hide their war with the Mirano (the Mirano systems are hidden from the player at the start of the game). The resolution of both these strings should go eventually result in peace among the Miranu, and improved relations with other species (explains why the Miranu are so friendly to humans in EVO)

Argent - the traders unite and form their own government. They are incredibly wealthy and incredibly powerful, and contain some really neat new technology, although it comes at a price. Starting out with courier missions and the like, and graduating to the point where you can do missions for their military wing, the Guardians.

And not last, and not least (although I have to write the mision line for the final government, as it involves multiple entry points from a mulititude of governments)...
Xanth - the mysterious ally of the Mavericks, they are aliens who want to destroy the Argent, because of a delerict freighter the Argent captured, which is a large part of the reason they got such good technology so quickly. They have great technology, but their systems are hidden at the start, and the player can only access them once he gets quite far in the Maverick storyline. Need an attitude reference? Think of the Voinians in EVO.

If anyone could write out some storylines for these, let me know on the board or email me (quantam@mail2christian.com) Even minor contibutions are much welcomed.

------------------
Gage Stryker
----------------------
A fellow who says it can't be done is likely to be interrupted by someone doing it.
"I need a new keyboard - mine is makeing too many mistakes"

Note that EVO takes place in around 21XX whereas EVC is about 22XX, so these two Miranu-predecessors would actually be successors.

I would do some conceptual work and dësc writing. IM / reply and I will see what I can do.

-Lequis

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com

I wouldn't mind helping you write a few storylines. I'm full of good ideas, but unfortunately, I haven't the time to write a massive plug myself. Email me at mdippery@yahoo.com or talk to me on AIM (Mpd 5208) if you're interested in my help.

------------------
~ M A H A Y A N A ~

Originally posted by Lequis MX:
**Note that EVO takes place in around 21XX whereas EVC is about 22XX, so these two Miranu-predecessors would actually be successors.

Thanks. I guess it'll be an internal conflict, restoring peace instead of creating it then.

I would do some conceptual work and dësc writing. IM / reply and I will see what I can do.

Wonderful. If you want to do some dësc writing, I could use some help in terms of planetary dëscs, describing the worlds owned by these various governments. You can choose a government from my previous post, or if you need more detail, I'll email you with a more well defined list. I haven't decided on spöb names yet, so that would be up to you as well.

If you want to focus just on planetary, you can do that, or you can take up missions as well for a government.

Thanks!

------------------
Gage Stryker
----------------------
A fellow who says it can't be done is likely to be interrupted by someone doing it.

I might be able to help out in the area of storyline development and mission planning. I like your general concept of the TC.

I would like to make a few suggestion changes (you don't have to use all or any of these ideas.)

First off, instead of making it a prequel to EVO, make it a sequel to it, set in the 2350 - 2450 period or something.

The governmnets, with history:
League of Independant Worlds - Some of the worlds that were able to stay out of the Confederation and not be taken over by the Mavericks, banded together under a common name, the League of Independant Worlds.
(Note: Govenment setup in mind is like the Articles of Confederation, from back durning the 1770's United States. A government that the states, or worlds in this case, have all the power, and central govenment has none.)

The Confeds - Durning the late 22nd century, the United Earth was at war with a race called the Voinians. After 75 years of war, the Voinians were defeated at the Battle of Svass. The Emalgha, United Earth, and Voinians that surrendered were joined together under the Interstellar Confederation. Over the last 200 years, the Confederation has been worn down due to rampant Renegade attacks throughout old Voinian Space. Also, with little reason to waste money on building many new ships, most ships are around 100 years old, and heavily modifed to last that long. Few new ships are commissioned each year, and those are mainly to combat the Mavericks.

The Mavericks - United together against a common enemy, the Confederation, sought to free the worlds that once were owned my the Voinians. With expertise in gunrunning, smuggling, intimidation, and other black ops, are out to remove the Confeds from power.

Utopists - Back durning the early days of human space travel, a colony ship was sent out to the fringe of known space to the humans. Unfortunetly, it never made it, and continued drifting on outward until it reached another system. About 100 years after being sent out, the Utopists, as they are now called, made contact with Earth, heard of the war going on. In preperation of the day that they can return to Earth and assist them, they build up thier technology and arsenal. When the war ended and the Confederation formed, the Confederation learned of the great leaps in technology being made by the Utopists, that if they ever attacked the Confederation, they (the Confeds) wouldn't stand a chance. The Utopists were considered a threat to Confederation Space, and were barred access.

Mirenu and Mirano - Before the Confederation, the Miranu were a peaceful culture that was friendly in sharing technology with the UE. When the war ended and the Confederation formed, some wanted the Miranu to join, others did not. The Mirenu Faction claimed that they don't want to join because it will cost the freedom of thier people and resources of thier planets. The Mirano Faction wanted to join, but the Confederation didn't look kindly on races with internal conflict, so they kept the Mirenu-Mirano Civil War secret.

Argent - While the Voinian-UE war was going on, a number of buisness owners struck it rich do to some events, findings, and inventions. Argent is the name of the merchent group after the joining of Stellar Corp and Frontier Express, which was backed by numerous wealthy buisness owners. The Argent also own a military police force called the Guardians, which are similar to the Zachit back durning the Miranu Empire's golden years.

Xanth - Alien race from the next galaxy over, on a survey mission back in the Earth year 2180. Contact was lost, and was presumed destroyed. The Xanth automaticly labeled the entire Milky Way hostile, and left it alone. When a Xanth Freighter was passing through the oputskirts of the galaxy, they noticed various Xanth technology in some unrecognized ships (the Argent). In additional observtion of the galaxy by Xanth scouts, they determine the general state of each party, and decide to assist the party that is attacking the Argent the most (the Mavericks).

------------------------------------------------
OK, that should do it for now. If you like the ideas, be my guest to go ahead and use them. If you would like me to help, I am more than willing too once my plug gets released on March 1, 2002. I can be reached at (url="http://"mailto:captainz@mac.com")mailto:captainz@mac.com(/url)captainz@mac.com

Ahhh... Ok, since I still have one day before school left and I can do some stuff, I'll start writing some dëscs.

-Lequis

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Captain Z:
**I might be able to help out in the area of storyline development and mission planning. I like your general concept of the TC.

I would like to make a few suggestion changes (you don't have to use all or any of these ideas.)

First off, instead of making it a prequel to EVO, make it a sequel to it, set in the 2350 - 2450 period or something.

Great! I welcome all kinds of suggestions! Originally, this plug-in was designed as an alternate universe TC, but having it as a sequel to EVO (which is still before EVC, as noted by Lequis MX), would work much better. However, we will assume that it takes place after the mysterious dissapearance of the strands, as they do not figure in this. This is before the catastrophic event? that limits human exploration and results in the universe of EVC,

League of Independant Worlds - Some of the worlds that were able to stay out of the Confederation and not be taken over by the Mavericks, banded together under a common name, the League of Independant Worlds.
(Note: Govenment setup in mind is like the Articles of Confederation, from back durning the 1770's United States. A government that the states, or worlds in this case, have all the power, and central govenment has none.)

Actually, I have a similar government that already exists. I didn't mention them because they're rather small, and don't really have any major conflicts with anyone, so their mission strings could be completely different from any of the larger governments, and as they are an independent federation, they will hopefully progress a variety of different ways, not nessecarily complimetary to each other. They are called the United Independents, and they go like this: "After the Voinians were defeated, the United Earth empire dissolved, no longer fighting a common foe. The United Independents did not want to be part of any government, each having their own unique interests. However, a united military front was needed to combat the threat of the newly formed Mavericks from the galactic east. So together, they stand and defend the few independent worlds, resisting the Mavericks to the bitter end.

Let's see if I can modify the rest of your ideas a bit:
(changes are bolded)

The Confeds - Durning the late 22nd century, the United Earth was at war with a race called the Voinians. After 75 years of war, the Voinians were defeated at the Battle of Svass. The Emalgha, United Earth, and Voinians that surrendered were joined together under the Interstellar Confederation. Over the last 200 years, the Confederation has shrunk, largely due to the lack of a common foe, and the economic prosperity of the Argent worlds, established as the traders of the galaxy united.. Also, with little reason to waste money on building many new ships, most ships are around 100 years old, and heavily modifed to last that long. Few new ships are commissioned each year, and those are mainly to combat the Mavericks. (Although I'd like some newer ships, so I don't have to stick with the awful EVO United Earth graphics (no offense to Ambrosia))

The Mavericks - United together against a common enemy, the Confederation, Took over the systems left vacant by the Strands sudden departure from human influenced space (They are in the galactic east, so former Voinian systems don't work well). With expertise in gunrunning, smuggling, intimidation, and other black ops, are out to remove the Confeds from power.

Utopists - Back durning the early days of human space travel, a colony ship was sent out to the fringe of known space to the humans. Unfortunetly, it never made it, and continued drifting on outward until it reached another system. About 100 years after being sent out, the Utopists, as they are now called, made contact with Earth, heard of the war going on. In preperation of the day that they can return to Earth and assist them, they build up thier technology and arsenal. When the war ended and the Confederation formed, the Confederation learned of the great leaps in technology being made by the Utopists, that if they ever attacked the Confederation, they (the Confeds) wouldn't stand a chance. The Utopists were considered a threat to Confederation Space, and were barred access. Like the part about the human colony ship (more likely a fleet of them), but, unfortunately, the Utopists are on friendly terms with the Old Confeds, so that throws the rest out. They are easy to talk to, and negotiate with, but their advances in technology are fairly secritive, as they know what would happen if their technology fell into the hands of a government wanting galcatic domination (almost any of the other ones). It would surprise me if any of the Confed officials knew just how advanced their defensive technology was. (Actually, their whole entire main R &D; planet, the hyperspace coordinates are known only by those actually in the system - no one knows of the cool tech there, not even the mass of the Utopists)

Mirenu and Mirano - Before the Confederation, the Miranu were a peaceful culture that was friendly in sharing technology with the UE. When the war ended and the Confederation formed, some wanted the Miranu to join, others did not. The Mirenu Faction claimed that they don't want to join because it will cost the freedom of thier people and resources of thier planets. The Mirano Faction wanted to join, but the Confederation didn't look kindly on races with internal conflict, so they kept the Mirenu-Mirano Civil War secret. Close - but I don't think the Confeds know about the civil war - in fact, it's more likely that the northern Mirenu systems rebelled, and that lack of human contact never got the word out, and the Mirenu never gave the hyperspace coordinates to any other races - thier economic and pollitical friendliness with the Confeds and the Utopists would be damaged if they knew they were actually involved in a civil war - part of a plot line for the Confeds or Utopists could be their suspision and sending you to spy it out - maybe resulting in severed ties for the Mirenu

Argent - While the Voinian-UE war was going on, a number of buisness owners struck it rich do to some events, findings, and inventions. Argent is the name of the merchent group after the joining of Stellar Corp and Frontier Express, which was backed by numerous wealthy buisness owners. The Argent also own a military police force called the Guardians, which are similar to the Zachit back durning the Miranu Empire's golden years. Very good. They are in the galactic southwest, perhaps they bought up systems formerly owned by the Voinians after they were defeated and sold at bargain prices by the UE. Add a delerict Xanth frieghter (oops, nobody's supposed to know about that) that contained a mass of technology that started their rise to economic supremacy, and BINGO!

Xanth - Alien race from the next galaxy over, on a survey mission back in the Earth year 2180. Contact was lost, and was presumed destroyed. The Xanth automaticly labeled the entire Milky Way hostile, and left it alone. When a Xanth Freighter was passing through the oputskirts of the galaxy, they noticed various Xanth technology in some unrecognized ships (the Argent). In additional observtion of the galaxy by Xanth scouts, they determine the general state of each party, and decide to assist the party that is attacking the Argent the most (the Mavericks).
Actually, that doesn't quite jive with the character of the Xanth. They don't really send too many scouting parties, and most are usually followed by rather massive invasion forces (in fact, the Xanth possess probably the best gigantic ship in the game - the Xanth Dominator, which can level entire warfleets by itself). More likely is the fact that they took over a Maverick system, captured the leader, and he squealed about the Argent, thus getting the heat off of his back, and the Xanth found humans which loved to participate in levelling entire worlds, so they became allies, with the Xanth intent of forcing through the southern confed/independent systems (a galactic disturbance prevents them from going straight to the Argent), and decimating the Argent, then using that power base and all the Argent's new tech to level the rest of the galaxy... They probably would, however, if it weren't for an enemy so great is causes everyone to unite against (Im writing that one - sorry, no spoilers for you!)

The general feeling for this galaxy is one of pretenses - everyone pretends to like someone, or everyone else, but they all have their own agendas. As more secrets are revealed, the galaxy becomes a little bit more hostile looking, puzzle piece by puzzle piece

------------------
Gage Stryker
----------------------

I can proof read (take out all cringeworthy bits, expand the stereotypical vocabulary of most Americans :p), or can write desc's in English (Irish/English English - no armor's or color's you Yank's). paulos@gofree.indigo.ie

------------------
--------------------------
Wham!Man - The original and still the best
-------------------------------
"The past is history, the futures a mystery. Today is a gift, that's

Originally posted by Wham!Man:
**I can proof read (take out all cringeworthy bits, expand the stereotypical vocabulary of most Americans:p ), or can write desc's in English (Irish/English English - no armor's or color's you Yank's). paulos@gofree.indigo.ie

Great. Go ahead and write desc's in British English - I'm Canadian, and have learned to work equally well with both (although I generally prefer the British, my spell checker is American). Proof reading would be great, as well - when I get a lump of stuff together I'll send it your way.

Note to all: The Argent government has been taken, and has aquired a writer, so sorry to dash anyone's dreams who wanted to write for that government - you'll have to choose another!

------------------
Gage Stryker
---------------
It's coming - Battalion for EVO! Current: v 0.0.5: all systems, ships, and govt's created! Systems 85% complete.
gage2stryker@yahoo.ca