MAJOR Bryce 5 problems

I downloaded the patch. It fixed a number of bugs, and added a number of features. It also kept some old bugs, and added some new ones. Including...

Animating. I can't animate a !@#$ thing. Can someone tell me how this is supposed to work?
While trying to make an animation of the Spectrum Fighter flying over a landscape, I linked the mobile camera object to it so it would follow it... Then I proceeded to add a nice second of animation with the 'timeline' progressive animation thingy. Except it would always reset the camera to the center of the scene, and delete many other objects in some cases.

Help? :frown:

-Lequis

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Lequis MX:
**I downloaded the patch. It fixed a number of bugs, and added a number of features. It also kept some old bugs, and added some new ones. Including...

Animating. I can't animate a !@#$ thing. Can someone tell me how this is supposed to work?
While trying to make an animation of the Spectrum Fighter flying over a landscape, I linked the mobile camera object to it so it would follow it... Then I proceeded to add a nice second of animation with the 'timeline' progressive animation thingy. Except it would always reset the camera to the center of the scene, and delete many other objects in some cases.

Help? :frown:

-Lequis

Have you been to the forum (http://forums.delphi...com/bryce/start) to ask for help? I think there are links there to the big tutorial sites, also. But they are more than friendly, and you can drop by on Delphi Chat most evenings as well.

What you describe, however, sounds very much like poor keyframing. I have not heard of any specific bugs in the Advanced Motion Lab (not like this).

You need to pay close attention to where you are in the timeline when you make any changes to models, camera, or anything else. If you were to, say, set up everything perfectly, scroll the time forward by one second, then begin moving the models and camera to their new positions, they will no longer remember where they were first! You need to keyframe EVERYTHING (materials, the whole bag) at the start of the animation, and before you touch that time scroller.

------------------
everywhere else, it's --
"Nomuse"

I'll try this...thanks.

-Lequis

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com

Here we go...and....er... It's a bit hard to navigate, it seems? Maybe I'll get the hang of it. They SO need UBB.

-Lequis

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com

All right, screw the forums, they're quite screwed themselves. I read the (also) messy manual, and I have fixed the problem...I wasn't turning on Auto-Key mode, for one thing. Then I would have had to make a whole lot of different keyframes instead of basing them on each timeline change/repositioning.

Except I'm still not totally satisfied with the rest of the performance...

-Lequis

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com