Good EVO map / complete editor

Does anyone know of a good EVO map editor? I have tried using EV Edit and converting, but it's still really buggy. Pontius' EVO Developer's map has worked for me for a while, but one day I lost the tool pallette and haven't got it back. What are people using for EVO maps right now? I'm working on a pretty big TC, so right now I'm running with 200+ systems (It'll probably end up as 500+ systems).

------------------
Gage Stryker
----------------------
A fellow who says it can't be done is likely to be interrupted by someone doing it.

Originally posted by Gage_Stryker:
**Does anyone know of a good EVO map editor? I have tried using EV Edit and converting, but it's still really buggy. Pontius' EVO Developer's map has worked for me for a while, but one day I lost the tool pallette and haven't got it back. What are people using for EVO maps right now? I'm working on a pretty big TC, so right now I'm running with 200+ systems (It'll probably end up as 500+ systems).

Try deleting EVO Dev Map's preferences, I think that should restore the window positions to what they originally were. You'll have to setup your desired settings again though.

------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know we have something special for you at
Birdland this evening. A recording for Blue Note Records...

"Actions have reactions, don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships people don't speak of,
It's best to step back, and observe with couth, for we all must meet our moment of truth." - (url="http://"http://www.OHHLA.com/anonymous/gngstarr/moment/moment.gsr.txt")Guru(/url)

Dev map. It does have a few bugs, though. And as for a 500 system plug-in, I tried it, it is destined to not be released very soon if ever. Good luck, though, I will worship whoever releases a huge TC...

-Lequis

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Lequis MX:
**... I will worship whoever releases a huge TC...

-Lequis

Huge TC?
Well, at last count Mille Terrae has more than 900 systems and more than 600 spobs, though these numbers will probably change. As for releasing it, that's another story, but work is proceeding slowly.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

Come to think of it, what are the maximums offhand? I thought you could only have like 1000... But then the topic is raised, how long before a plug-in is TOO big, eh?? There's something to ponder.

-Lequis

------------------
Lequis Design
lequis.netfirms.com
PhantoM_63ff@hotmail.com

Thank you, Necromicon!

I had worked on anothe plug for EV using EVO developer's map and loved it - now I can love it again.

Right now, my plug-in is tentatively named Battalion. It takes place somewhere between EV and EVO. The confederation is actually a true democracy, but has shrunk, the rebellion, it's purpose done, has splineted into independent planets and some special interest groups, the traders have formed their own government complete with militia, and the pirates and dissadent rebels have united into a viable government. The Miranu have been contacted, but are calling themselves Mirenu. There are also some interesting players lurking in the shadows. Version 0.0.1 right now.

------------------
Gage Stryker
----------------------
A fellow who says it can't be done is likely to be interrupted by someone doing it.

Originally posted by Lequis MX:
**Come to think of it, what are the maximums offhand? I thought you could only have like 1000... But then the topic is raised, how long before a plug-in is TOO big, eh?? There's something to ponder.

-Lequis

Maximums are right there in the bible 🙂

Max systems = 1000
Max stellars = 1500

IMO a plug is too big when resources are added that have no purpose other than to inflate the numbers.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

Originally posted by Gage_Stryker:
**Does anyone know of a good EVO map editor? I have tried using EV Edit and converting, but it's still really buggy. Pontius' EVO Developer's map has worked for me for a while, but one day I lost the tool pallette and haven't got it back. What are people using for EVO maps right now? I'm working on a pretty big TC, so right now I'm running with 200+ systems (It'll probably end up as 500+ systems).

download the new ev-edit

------------------