Spöb editing with EVO Developer Map

(just a quick message)
I'm having a bit of trouble with the EVO developer's map... Many times, when I create a planet in a system, it will proceed to show otherwise uninhabited systems as being inhabited, many times with the planet I had previously created elsewhere... is there an easier way to do this, or a problem free way?

------------------

That's odd.
The only thing I can recommend is to go in with ResEdit and fix the problems...Beyond that, who knows?

- Anatole

------------------
--The newbie hater--
Blood, waves, triumph. Blood, anger, lust, greed, blood. The First Antigan was born of such sin, into such sin. He saw sin, saw life, saw hope. He was Imbued with the power, the idea, the strength he would need to lead his people to absolute rule. Resurrected power, long forgotten on the torn and shattered Earth. Almighty lord, Nasher Degy, awoke, and prepared his elite power for use on his hated opponents. Almighty First, just like that. - Antigan Codex, Book of Antigan. 1:1

Originally posted by Lequis MX:
**(just a quick message)
I'm having a bit of trouble with the EVO developer's map... Many times, when I create a planet in a system, it will proceed to show otherwise uninhabited systems as being inhabited, many times with the planet I had previously created elsewhere... is there an easier way to do this, or a problem free way?

Could you explain the problem a bit more? I am not sure exactly what you mean. I certainly have never had any problem like what you seem to be saying; all of the hundreds of spobs I have created in devmap stayed where I put them.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

Originally posted by Lequis MX:
**(just a quick message)

It seems like you are looking at a TC plug which has less total spobs and systems than does EVO. When this happens, the EVO systs which were not replaced by the TC systems will remain, creating a confusing map. Solution, just go and eliminate the remaining EVO spobs in Dev Map. That should do the trick.

God bless,

UE Patriot

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category;=plugins&display;=date&file;=ReignOfTheUEv12.Bin")Reign of the UE(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category;=plugins&display;=date&file;=PersonsOFTheEVOWebboardv2.Bin")Persons of the EVO Webboard(/url)
"From sour-faced saints, O Lord, deliver us."- St. Teresa of Avila

Originally posted by UE Patriot:
**It seems like you are looking at a TC plug which has less total spobs and systems than does EVO. When this happens, the EVO systs which were not replaced by the TC systems will remain, creating a confusing map. Solution, just go and eliminate the remaining EVO spobs in Dev Map. That should do the trick.

God bless,

UE Patriot

Actually, I had a similar problem. Each time I opened my TC, all the original EVO systems superimposed themselves. I believe I fixed it by copying the EVO Data1 file and copying over the Sys resource with a blank plug -- obviously, EVO Developer's Map had been looking at that file each time I tried to open my own plug.

------------------
everywhere else, it's --
"Nomuse"

Or you could just not load the Override data, but just pressing cancel when it asks "where is Override Data 1/2?" That way everything is only connected to your plug. Don't forget to load graphics and titles if you want those, though.

Hope this helps.

--Tsar

------------------
Gav_theTsar laughs, for he has titanium nuts. -- as said on IRC #ev3.
It's only when you become really afraid of death, that you start to appreciate life. It's only when you start to appreciate life, that you really become afraid of death. I am trapped

Ok, I will have to try these. Thanks. I have clarified, however, that when a system/spob gets screwed up it SOMETIMES exists within its original system AND in the new system. And sometimes it decides to move... "Funny, I don't remember creating a planet named Atlas there, and further more I don't remember creating a planet named Atlas anyways..." (this seriously happened) I think I'll just have to sort out the problems with ResEdit.

And what is a TC?

-Lequis

------------------

TC means total conversion. Its a plugin which replaces the entire EVO universe with a new universe, for example Frozen Heart.

------------------
It's not pining, it's passed on! This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet it's maker! This is a late parrot! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the perch it would be pushing up the daisies! It has rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This...is an ex-parrot!