Ev Nova Conversion

Does anyone have any input for converting plugs to Nova compatibility? I guess I could easily (but haven't already) check the betashots for the planet pic size, but will all of this has flexibility, as in being able to use the 333x271 pix instead of the new ones? I assume that the 8-16 bit will cause the most problems, graphic wise, of course, but... ...I dunno. Any input would be appreciated.

-lequis

R&R; Software is making a plug porting tool, but I don't know how it would deal with graphics.

Nova landing PICTS are 612x285, I believe. I understand (though I haven't tried it myself) that EV can scale PICTs automatically for you, so I assume Nova would be able to also. That would probably lower the quality a bit, though.

If you know how to, you can also mess around with the game a bit and make it take Landing PICTs of pretty much any size you want. This involves editing the DLOG and DITL resources in the EV application itself if you aren't familiar with the process.

I'd also assume that just because Nova can take 16-bit graphics, that doesn't mean that it can't take them in 8-bit form.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

Originally posted by Macavenger:
**R &R; Software is making a plug porting tool, but I don't know how it would deal with graphics.

Nova landing PICTS are 612x285, I believe. I understand (though I haven't tried it myself) that EV can scale PICTs automatically for you, so I assume Nova would be able to also. That would probably lower the quality a bit, though.

If you know how to, you can also mess around with the game a bit and make it take Landing PICTs of pretty much any size you want. This involves editing the DLOG and DITL resources in the EV application itself if you aren't familiar with the process.

I'd also assume that just because Nova can take 16-bit graphics, that doesn't mean that it can't take them in 8-bit form.**

I believe the porting tools will port over the old dlogs and ditls to the new Nova application, so any EV or EVO plug would work if you added the dlogs and ditls from the application you used to want the plugin to run under and, he presto, it will work the way you want it to. Also, if someone were to port over EV or EVO to using the EVN engine (and with the R&R; Software tools this will be relatively easy), you could just run your plugin under one of those... 🙂

...and you are correct, you can use 8-bit graphics in Nova if you want to, they just suck when compared to 16-bit graphics... 😉

Cookie @ ATMOS

------------------