Pic Size/etc.

My plugin involves (hopefully) changing the interface entirely, and to do so I would like to but do not necessarily have to change the interface buttons. The plugin Galaxy's Edge did this... I'm not sure exactly how they did it, but it greatly enhances the plug-in's aesthetics, even if the plug-in is diabolically impossible to play.

Would I just add these new pics in, or would they overlap, so I'd have to change the maximum size of a window...?

------------------

open up the graphics file in resedit to get the ids of the pict resources you need to put into the plug (they're in the 7000 range). then just give the button picts in your plug the correct id #s and you'll be good to go. if you make your buttons a different size or want them in a different arrangement you'll have to screw with ditl and/or dlog resources (open ev or evo- the app file- in resedit and copy the appropriate ditl/dlog resources into your plug), which is where i run out of advice b/c i haven't yet had any reason to muck with those

------------------
if you find yourself in bed with a raving lunatic, don't worry: looks can be deceiving, it's probably not me

While editing these DITL resources, you should be able to figure out which buttons are which gray rectangles, and to change their sizes, double click them. You can also move them around, and if you want to change the size of the window, you'll need the corresponding DLOG resource.

------------------
Mike Lee (Firebird)

Originally posted by Firebird:
**While editing these DITL resources, you should be able to figure out which buttons are which gray rectangles, and to change their sizes, double click them. You can also move them around, and if you want to change the size of the window, you'll need the corresponding DLOG resource.

Note that EV places limits on the size of some DLOGs,. The map window for instance can be enlarged up to a point, but beyond that the display will turn to garbage. I believe the size of the DLOG for the landing window has a similar limit, that is, the items in the window can be moved and resized, but the size of the window itself is fixed. But you can experiment with copies of the resources to find out for certain.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

Hey guys, thanks. This should be fun.

-Lequis
(I also realized that if you do not change the DITLs, the graphics are automatically resized.)

------------------