Another round of ?'s...

Ok then...
Whats the STR for the text that pops up when the mission first pops up in a bar? I can't find it, EVO gods says which one but it dosen't work... and I can't find it in the bible. Experimented to.

And... I gave a ship some new graphics with The Docks and edited the a fleet and dude, then all of a sudden none of my ships pop up in the apropriate system. I've checked everything and it looks ok to me...

Thanks for any help!
glares at his malfunctioning sig and goes back to his HW

------------------
ClosetPacifist
If any parts of the above message did not make sense, please ignore them. Thank you, and have a nice day.
"Mr. Napkin flies like a
plane. Mr. Napkin eats

mission descriptions are all desc resources, not str resources. mission offer texts are in the 4000 range (4000 for misn 128, 4001 for misn 129, et cetera)

------------------
if you find yourself in bed with a raving lunatic, don't worry: looks can be deceiving, it's probably not me

I'm not sure about your ships problem without a bit more information, but I think the problem with your sig may be that it's limited to 5 lines. Although, combined with the comment about ignoring things that don't make sense, it is kinda funny. I thought it was intentional at first.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

Putting a fleet into a dude resource doesn't work, last time anyone checked. The fleets don't actually show up.

------------------
"She said, 'Honey, you know I gave up cigarrettes for my new-year's resolution... but I didn't give up SMOKIN'!"
-- The Blues Brothers, "I Don't Know"
Bounty Plus, Final Battle and the Annotated Bibles
idisk: andyg

Originally posted by WickedDyno:
**Putting a fleet into a dude resource doesn't work, last time anyone checked. The fleets don't actually show up.

In EV:O 1.0.2 this finally seems to work, though it never did in previous versions of EV/O.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

Aha! Excellent.

About the mision: Heh oops, I meant desc, but now I think I see whats wrong... the quickbrief is set to 4000, not to mention I'm overiding the EV:O descs.
About the sig: Heh, Ahh, it put the returns in there without my permision anyway...
And about ships and fleets: The fleet worked before and what I edited was the ships, % chance and the min and max number of ships for the dudes and fleets, and all of one ships graphics.
EDIT: Oh, and none of the ships in the fleet show up-SCRATCH THAT! They just showed up. And before I landed and took off atleast 50 times... Bad luck...? And the missions work now :).

------------------
ClosetPacifist
If any parts of the above message did not make sense, please ignore them. Thank you, and have a nice day.
"Mr. Napkin flies like a
plane. Mr. Napkin eats cellophane. Mr. Napkin... Mr. Napkin..."

(This message has been edited by ClosetPacifist (edited 10-15-2001).)