legos and ships

When I was in painting class (or what u english talking call it) did I came up with this idea. U can take pics of legos and move them an bit and take another pic and make small movies for missions.

------------------
After hearing that REM rejected the MS offer to buy a song for ad purposes,
it came to me that it might have been:
LOSING MY CONNECTION by Alan Zacher
to the tune of Losing My Religion

A possible problem:

Once you have taken the pictures and shrunk them down to roughly EV-usable size, think: will you actually be able to make out that they are lego ships? Most of the bricks will only about one pixel in size, so they might just look like slightly badly rendered regular ships. Something to think about...

Mmm.... spoiling people's fun....

------------------
Mazca

Originally posted by Mazca:
**A possible problem:

Once you have taken the pictures and shrunk them down to roughly EV-usable size, think: will you actually be able to make out that they are lego ships? Most of the bricks will only about one pixel in size, so they might just look like slightly badly rendered regular ships. Something to think about...

Mmm.... spoiling people's fun....

Well u can still use 3d programs...

------------------

Deathbed Lawyer
Why was the lawyer skimming the Bible right before he died?
He was looking for loopholes

Originally posted by ThorPrime:
**I think one person should take each goverment. I can start now on the Emalga to test the effectiveness.

Actually, it would probably work better if one person did them all. That way they would all have the same feel. If one person did it with a 3D program, another person did it with another 3D program, and a third person did it by taking pictures, they would look different, eh?

Just an idea.

------------------
Have some pity,
for the new race in the city.
Emalgha is here to stay,
whatever those Voinan losers say!

Originally posted by draco_2488:
**Actually, it would probably work better if one person did them all. That way they would all have the same feel. If one person did it with a 3D program, another person did it with another 3D program, and a third person did it by taking pictures, they would look different, eh?

Just an idea.

U got an point... But I would personally testboth metods before starting to do anything

------------------

Deathbed Lawyer

Originally posted by Jules:
I think it would probable be easier to just make lego bricks in a 3D program an build virtual lego models.

Agreed. It would probably look better, too, and you wouldn't have to worry about texturing most of the surfaces because legos are naturally smooth and shiny.

------------------
"I am astounded ... at the wonderful power you have developed -- and terrified at the thought that so much hideous and bad music may be put on record forever."
-Arthur Sullivan, unknowingly anticipating the Backstreet Boys upon viewing of Edison's talking machine in 1888

Heh. on that topic: (url="http://"http://www.lego.com/studios/screening/movie.asp?title=montypython")Monty Python and the Holy Lego(/url)

------------------
"I am astounded ... at the wonderful power you have developed -- and terrified at the thought that so much hideous and bad music may be put on record forever."
-Arthur Sullivan, unknowingly anticipating the Backstreet Boys upon viewing of Edison's talking machine in 1888

Originally posted by WickedDyno:
**Heh. on that topic: Monty Python and the Holy Lego

still laughing

------------------

Deathbed Lawyer

wll, im strill going to try the picture thing. hopefully.

------------------
The new veteran- or is it the veteran newbie?

So you are going to do this lego plug cool! Are u going to work alone or?

------------------

Deathbed Lawyer

Just wanted to say that there are almost 2000 topics in the developers corner

------------------

Deathbed Lawyer