Graphics Contest, Part two!

Ok, I have the website up, and its kinda self-explanitory, so, go there!
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/nocternal_supremacy/gindex.html")http://homepage.mac....acy/gindex.html(/url)

Good luck! And have fun!

------------------
Am I the only one who thinks out of the square and into the cube?!

As said by AZ on the contest page:

Their will be many, but few prizes.

Ehhh?? 😄

Now I "just" have to make my entries. I fear I might not be able to make something new, though, because I have lots of other stuff to be doing right now. :frown:

Two questions: when is the deadline for entries, and is there a maximum number of entries per person? I assume one per category max., but is there a max total?

Two comments: You list Bryce 3d, but what about 1, 2, 4, and 5? Same category? Also, it's not Specular Infini-D unless you are talking about pre-4.x versions. 4.x is MetaCreations.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Weepul 884 (edited 08-14-2001).)

Hmm...very interesting questions. I think for the Bryces', I will have Bryce 1, 2, and 3, and Bryce 4, because 1-3 are very similar...n'stuff....

As for the Many, but Few prizes part...Think about it, their are so many sub-categorys = many prizes for each, but only 2 prizes per sub-category = few..

About infini-d, I dont really know, Because I dont know how much of a difference their is. As for deadlines...I think september 1 is reasonable....

Oh, and BTW: my e-mail is zoraster56@hotmail.com

------------------
Am I the only one who thinks out of the square and into the box?!

(This message has been edited by Admiral Zombat (edited 08-14-2001).)

Originally posted by Admiral Zombat:
As for deadlines...I think september 1 is reasonable....

Ooh! That means I'll actually be able to submit! Maybe I should start working on something.

Oh, and you'll have to add POV-Ray to your list of graphics programs, though I'll be surprised if you get enough entries to award two prizes there, since I only intend to submit one image. Maybe Fleet Admiral Darkk will submit something...

------------------
(Insert Signature Here)

**Ok, I have the website up, and its kinda self-explanitory, so, go there!
http://homepage.mac....acy/gindex.html

Good luck! And have fun!

grrr this 640 stuff really sux. Please can we have 800?

------------------
Eh, It's an asteroid...Holy shmit! It's a flucking asteriod!

Fine....I just said that, because I am on a measly 28.8k modem, and i dont want to wait forever for it to download. so at most, 800x600

------------------
Am I the only one who thinks out of the square and into the cube?!

So the winners get a good bumb map. Wonderful; I make all of mine myself. Might send something anyway.

------------------
Silent Night, a plug-in for Nova, will feature a small, unique galaxy. With only three races, I will be able to change the galaxy to my hearts desire. To help me finish it faster, I will not be slowed down by making ship graphic- I will use the ones from Nova.
------==========------
Approving someone else's work is not the same as creating it yourself- Bill Watterson, Author of Calvin and Hobbes

Just submitted, I hope 133k aren't too big

Oh, and BTW: my e-mail is zoraster56@hotmail.com

I once had a vision when I looked for it: I pressed the "info" button 😉

(This message has been edited by Clueless (edited 08-15-2001).)

Well. Sorry, im cheap. If you dont feel like participating solely because their is a cheaper prize, then why would you even bother to talk about an already obvious fact.

------------------

Im not insane, im both ahead and before my time

I might enter, but Im not sure yet. It depends how much time I have to work it.

ewan

------------------
"It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes, its dark and were wearing sunglasses. Hit it"
- The Blues Brothers

Zombat- Do you need me to re-submit my image (which was posted back on the old graphics contest topic)?

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade
-Battle for Sol - Episode III: The Worlds Beyond the Milky Way - coming soon -

It's funny how something that is (seemingly) so simple, can turn out to be the biggest source of stress. Kudos to you, Zombat. Well organized. I'll try and post something myself, when I get on my other computer.

------------------
James Lomax
(url="http://"http://www.area21developers.f2s.com")Area 21(/url) - EVN plug-in developers

(This message has been edited by J Lomax (edited 08-15-2001).)

I think for the Bryces', I will have Bryce 1, 2, and 3, and Bryce 4, because 1-3 are very similar...n'stuff....

But what about Bryce 5? 😛

Hmm... how about multiple graphics? A maximum of 4? None at all? You're not really clear on the site...

------------------
"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

• Winston Churchill

(This message has been edited by Jormungand (edited 08-15-2001).)

deleted

(This message has been edited by Jormungand (edited 08-15-2001).)

I think that posting a link here would be a better way than emailing- that way everyone can see all the graphics! You are not the only one who likes seeing other peoples work. Only if it is more convinent for you than we should email.

------------------
Silent Night, a plug-in for Nova, will feature a small, unique galaxy. With only three races, I will be able to change the galaxy to my hearts desire. To help me finish it faster, I will not be slowed down by making ship graphic- I will use the ones from Nova.
------==========------
Approving someone else's work is not the same as creating it yourself- Bill Watterson, Author of Calvin and Hobbes

Originally posted by Captain Skyblade:
**Zombat- Do you need me to re-submit my image (which was posted back on the old graphics contest topic)?

it would be nice, but you dont have to if you dont want.

Originally posted by J Lomax:
**It's funny how something that is (seemingly) so simple, can turn out to be the biggest source of stress. Kudos to you, Zombat. Well organized. I'll try and post something
myself, when I get on my other computer.

THANK YOU! Someone who understands.....its sooooo hard to please everyone

Originally posted by Jormungand:
**But what about Bryce 5?

Hmm... how about multiple graphics? A maximum of 4? None at all? You're not really clear on the site...

See what I mean...? Bryce 5 can go with 4. And I believed that I said a maximum of 4, and obviously you cant post none and expect to be able to win something.

Originally posted by NNormal:
**I think that posting a link here would be a better way than emailing- that way everyone can see all the graphics! You are not the only one who likes seeing other peoples
work. Only if it is more convinent for you than we should email.

Well, I am going to update the site daily, hopefully every noon Eastern Time. And their I will Display the graphics. Besides, if you post it on the webboard, people will comment on it, and you wont have a clean, list of the links. Plus, people could get shot-down by others, who might say bad things about graphics. This way no one can comment on it without a direct link, and the Judging would remain unseen. Im just trying to keep everyone happy. Originally, it was a post up for the webboard, but many people told me I should make a website. So, one way or the other, someone will disaprrove with the way Im doing it. So, for now im going democratic, choosing what the majority likes.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Admiral Zombat (edited 08-16-2001).)

As A matter of fact, I have just recently updated the website!! its 8:49!! The Coffee is really kicking in!!

homepage.mac.com/nocternal_supremacy/gindex.html

------------------

See what I mean...? Bryce 5 can go with 4. And I believed that I said a maximum of 4, and obviously you cant post none and expect to be able to win something.

Aight... I'll submit my 2 graphics, then.

------------------
"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

• Winston Churchill

Ok, I'm working on one graphic right now...grr...I overcame an annoying difficulty.

AZ: may I post multiple images made with a program? For example, 2 Bryce and 2 Infini-D? Also, are program combinations allowed? I've imported something from Infini-D into Bryce and am texturing and posing it there. What category would that be? Bryce, I assume...or must the images be pure?

Whatever, I'll make sure to have at least one pure image per program, if I get the time.

------------------

Originally posted by Weepul 884:
**Ok, I'm working on one graphic right now...grr...I overcame an annoying difficulty.

AZ: may I post multiple images made with a program? For example, 2 Bryce and 2 Infini-D? Also, are program combinations allowed? I've imported something from Infini-D into Bryce and am texturing and posing it there. What category would that be? Bryce, I assume...or must the images be pure?

Whatever, I'll make sure to have at least one pure image per program, if I get the time.

Hmm, I have answered this before, I said that Whatever program the MODEL was made in is the one to submit it to. I should add that to the rule list.... :rolleyes:

------------------
I bet people became scientists just to piss off the pope