PoG 1.0.2 Problem

I've had a problem with PoG 1.0.2 not wanting to quit! It's really annoying, and it never happened in 1.0.1. Just so all you lucky Mac people don't say "that's never happened to me!?", I own a PC. I'm kinda curious if this happens to anyone else. It only seems to happen when I have plugins loaded (I tested that with Trinity). Does anyone know anything about this?

MickyBIs

------------------
Who is John Galt?
Ghoti spells fish! šŸ˜›

I have also had that problem.

It would help if you told us more about your problem than "PoG doesn't want to quit".

------------------
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/cafall/pog/tfm.html")The Four Mages(/url), an unfinished quest-oriented plug-in for Pillars of Garendall.
If passion rules reason, how can you allow only reason to rule you?
Ā— Cafall

Ok, how about I say "I push the 'QUIT' button on the main screen of PoG, then it sits there for a while. I then get bored and push control-alt-delete(PC force quit) and that tells me that PoG is now not responding and I can only tell it to force quit." Does that help?

MickyBIs

(supposed to sound sarcastic, not angrry or annoyed, sorry if it comes across wrong)

------------------
Who is John Galt?
Ghoti spells fish! šŸ˜›

It came out as all three. šŸ™‚
It works just fine on my Mac, perhaps someone who has a PC can come in to help.

------------------
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/cafall/pog/tfm.html")The Four Mages(/url), an unfinished quest-oriented plug-in for Pillars of Garendall.
If passion rules reason, how can you allow only reason to rule you?
Ā— Cafall

Originally posted by Cafalll:
**It came out as all three.:)
It works just fine on my Mac, perhaps someone who has a PC can come in to help.

I'll download the update on my work PC and give it a test run, and notify the developers of the findings.

Thanks MickyBIs

------------------
"But soon, soon, soon... the world will be a better place, with meadows and bunnies and fiber optics in every home..."
- Tom Dowdy, Apple Computer

Hmmm, I have a PC and don't have a problem.....

------------------

(This message has been edited by phantompenguin (edited 08-08-2002).)

Originally posted by MickyBIs:
Ok, how about I say "I push the 'QUIT' button on the main screen of PoG, then it sits there for a while. I then get bored and push control-alt-delete(PC force quit) and that tells me that PoG is now not responding and I can only tell it to force quit." Does that help?

I've confirmed this problem under Windows 98SE running on a P-III 700mhz system. I did a bit of testing myself and discovered the following:

Under PoG for Windows 1.0 , regardless of plug-ins loaded, hitting the "quit" button causes PoG to quit immediately and disappear right away.

Under PoG for Windows 1.0.2 without any plug-ins loaded it will take approximately 20 seconds for PoG to quit and disappear.

Under PoG for Windows 1.0.2 with only the plug-in Trinity loaded it will take approximately 90 seconds for PoG to quit and disappear.

Under PoG for Windows 1.0.2 regardless of whether of not plug-ins are loaded, hitting the "quit" button and then either clicking the "x" box in the upper right hand corner of the PoG window or three-finger saluting the application, the PoG application will cease to respond and require a three-finger salute followed by an end task.

So in conclusion, my guess is that Mr. MickyBIs's system is acting in a similar fashion as mine, and if he lets the program quit naturally then it will. But it will take a while, and quite a bit longer than it did in 1.0. If this is not the case, please let me know.

Also, please post your machine specifics to see if there is any pattern with OS.

I will make mention of this to the developers.

Thanks.

(edit) Added bold typing for easier referencing (/edit)
------------------
"But soon, soon, soon... the world will be a better place, with meadows and bunnies and fiber optics in every home..."
- Tom Dowdy, Apple Computer

(This message has been edited by Stark Bledfast (edited 08-08-2002).)