Plugin Idea-Free For Use!

Last night,I came up with an idea for a plug.
I can't be bothered making it,so I thought I might post my idea up here in case anyone else wanted to use it.
Here goes:
The UE/Confed/Rebels/Miranu/Whoever do some exploring,and come across a race.
The race's ships have no shields,and do not respond to hails.
Their only weapon is a fluctuating-power laser beam,which does heavy damage to shields,but very little to armour.
Through the course of the missions,it emerges that the aliens use laser beams for communication,and while the player thought that they were attacking,they're actually saying "Mercy!We come in peace!" etc,etc.
Just thought someone might like it.

------------------
"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's."
-St. Matthew's Gospel 22:21

Ummmmm... Shade? How much beer did'ya have last night? (Or did you have a little to much of something else...

Actually,I do not do drugs,and I only drink about 1 can of low alcohol beer a month.
I'm sure tomato juice isn't alcoholic.
Why,what's wrong with my idea,anyhow?

------------------
"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's."
-St. Matthew's Gospel 22:21

Originally posted by Shade:
**Actually,I do not do drugs...

Maybe you should try some? 😄

I'm sure tomato juice isn't alcoholic.

(/b)

Yes, unfortunately one must add alcohol. Bloody Marys, MMMM.

Why,what's wrong with my idea,anyhow?
(/b)

Not a thing, darn good idea.
Not 100% original, for instance in some of Larry Niven's stories there were battles fought with lasers intended for communication, but a good start for what could be an interesting story. Maybe someone will pick it up and run with it.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

yeah, there's an outer limits with that kind of thing going for it. the president, who was very recently sworn in and has little to no idea what he's doing, is suddenly informed that one of america's sattelites was shot down. another one gets hit at a lower power setting, and some scieintific type person finds a signal modulated in the laser, but they are only able to decode it after they send off a few nukes at one of the alien ships. just before the aliens retalliate, destroying the earth, the president watches a little video of one of the aliens saying that they come in peace

------------------
if you find yourself in bed with a raving lunatic, don't worry: looks can be deceiving, it's probably not me