need help with outfit ID#

iam trying to edit a couple plug-ins to work together. it says you can have outfit ID# from 182-255 but when i go over 220 iam having problems with the pictures showing up in the game on the buy outfits screen they seem to be blank. i dont get it i changed all the ID#'s and desc #'s and the pic #'s and the str resources it seems to be when i go over 220. whats the deal. is the 182-255 wrong or do i have to change something else.

and i have another question what outfit ID#'s do the evo game use do they use any of the 182-255 and if they dont does that mean you can have 73 extra outfits plus the original EVO outfits. iam confused any help would be great.

iam trying to think but nothing happens!!!

------------------

As a quick answer to your second question, Override uses 128-201, 254, and 255 for outfit IDs, leaving you anywhere from 202-253 to work with for an expansion plug. Now I shall read over your first question again and see if I can diagnose your problem.

------------------
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway. -Crow T. Robot
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum;=Just+Games&number;=60&DaysPrune;=20&LastLogin;=")Just Games(/url), because wasting time is a beautiful thing

hey, thanks StarStrafer that answers that question but iam still messed up on the part when my ID#'s go over 220. i edited with the ID#'s 182-194 and it worked perfect. then something made me think i was cancelling out some of the original game and thanks to you i now know i was. but when i edited it again with the ID#'s 221-223 the pictures were gone even EVO's normal outfit pictures were screwed up, some were missing and some were replaced with the new outfit pictures i was adding. it just doesnt make sense. do the
pic #'s get too big or what. for example outfit ID# 228, x-factor would be 100,
description # would be 3100, large pic # would be 6100, small pic # would be 6201,
outfits name would be 3100, lowercase name would be 3300, plural version would be 3500

are those #'s too big or something, i just dont get it. i am stuck!!!!

------------------

Originally posted by REAPER:
**hey, thanks StarStrafer that answers that question but iam still messed up on the part when my ID#'s go over 220. i edited with the ID#'s 182-194 and it worked perfect. then something made me think i was cancelling out some of the original game and thanks to you i now know i was. but when i edited it again with the ID#'s 221-223 the pictures were gone even EVO's normal outfit pictures were screwed up, some were missing and some were replaced with the new outfit pictures i was adding. it just doesnt make sense. do the
pic #'s get too big or what. for example outfit ID# 228, x-factor would be 100,
description # would be 3100, large pic # would be 6100, small pic # would be 6201,
outfits name would be 3100, lowercase name would be 3300, plural version would be 3500

are those #'s too big or something, i just dont get it. i am stuck!!!!

The outfit picture bug has been reduced but not eliminated in EV:O 1.0.2. I believe that ID# 220 is the new breaking point, ID#s above that cannot display outfit pictures. The only workaround I know is to reserve the higher numbers for outfits that do not need pictures - such as integral fighter bays, mission outfits, and other outfits that the player cannot buy.

Thanks Joseph, that helped alot knowing about that bug atleast iam not as dazed and confused.

I appreciate it Joseph!!!

------------------