oh to be asleep now that plug problems appear

i seem to recall that i can have up to id#255 in the outfit resoursce, but where do i put the pictures? i seem to get stuck after 6099, and when i used the EVO dev calc thingy, it said to put them in the 6300 (specifically, 6300, 6301, 6302, etc.) however, when i went to test it, the little thumbnail popped up, but the big picture was not there (i got instead a "picture not available") i checked the calculations and everything is in its right place (according to evo dev calc) did i screw up somewhere? (this is an EV plug)

------------------
Uncle Scam Wants You to Protect His Vital Corporate Interests!

i gather from the amount of lengthy posts on this topic, many of you have actually gotten to outfit id#228.

------------------

the bible says 6300, but i haven't yet made anything requiring me to test anything that high (human chronicles ii and later will probably need it, as hc i is at 202, but that's going to be another year or three in the future), and the bible's been known to be wrong

------------------
if tin whistles are made of tin, what's a fog horn made of?

Originally posted by antihero:
**i seem to recall that i can have up to id#255 in the outfit resoursce, but where do i put the pictures? i seem to get stuck after 6099, and when i used the EVO dev calc thingy, it said to put them in the 6300 (specifically, 6300, 6301, 6302, etc.) however, when i went to test it, the little thumbnail popped up, but the big picture was not there (i got instead a "picture not available") i checked the calculations and everything is in its right place (according to evo dev calc) did i screw up somewhere? (this is an EV plug)

I can't speak for EV, but Mille Terrae uses outfits up to id #255. The EVO Formula Calc suggested Pict resources 6327 and 6228 and the Shield Harmonizer shows up just as it should.

Things may be different with EV, however.

------------------
Jon Potter
Thank you for your cooperation. Good night.

anyone know if an EV plug gets to id#228? mugabi and destiny came close with 223, but i need to see a working EV plug with that many outfits. i still can't get those pictures to work.

------------------
just because your better than me doesn't mean i'm lazy.

Originally posted by antihero:
**anyone know if an EV plug gets to id#228? mugabi and destiny came close with 223, but i need to see a working EV plug with that many outfits. i still can't get those pictures to work.

Define "working" 🙂
'New Republic' is still in perpetual beta testing, but the outfits/weapons work with outf numbers (so far) up to 233. It will require some adjustments of the picture ID #s to get the higher-numbered outfit pictures to appear correctly.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

Originally posted by Joe Burnette:
**'New Republic' is still in perpetual beta testing...

Wow... I hadn't heard anything on NR in nearly 6mos -- last I saw, everything on Kevins Hotline site regarding NR was gone, his web site displayed a "Happy Holidays!" message, and nothing seemed to be happening. Do you happen to know if there's anything they need done, or if there would be a way for one to help? I've been waiting for NR since, well, the day after Kevin announced it on the ancient EV.com boards (4 yrs ago? 5?), and seriously hope that it'll eventually be released. I was even a one-time beta tester for it, though I had to drop it for some reason I don't recall (at 13 or so, serious testing was hard work).

-Atilla

------------------
"Things are only impossible until they're not."
"If you would not be forgotten, either write things worth reading or do things worth the writing."

Ok, since no one has definitively answered this question, I'll take the time to.

An oversight by Matt Burch in EV, was making the outfit icons start at ID 6100 (that's the master outfit icon) and the large outfit pictures start at 6000. Since there are 128 'slots' for oütf resources, the last 28 can't have any large pictures. It was never fixed in EV because no one noticed it (or if they did, they didn't tell anyone) while EV was still being updated. So, in EVO 1.0.2, a workaround was added, so you could place your large oütf pictures for the last 28 outfits in PICT IDs 6300-6327. (that's why EV O DevCalc pointed you to IDs 6300-6327)

Now, it may seem that all hope of using the last 28 oütf resources in EV is lost. But its not! if you have any mission related outfits, that don't need pictures, (cloaking device, NPD, things like that) you can put them in the last 28 slots, and move outfits that need pictures down to where they were.

------------------

Originally posted by MadFax7:
**Now, it may seem that all hope of using the last 28 oütf resources in EV is lost. But its not! if you have any mission related outfits, that don't need pictures, (cloaking device, NPD, things like that) you can put them in the last 28 slots, and move outfits that need pictures down to where they were.

i thought about doing that, sticking the bays without pictures, the ships without pictures, the tractor beam, cloaking device, etc. all in the last 28 spaces, but as i am going on vacation at like noon today, my plug is on hold. thank you, though.

------------------
just because your better than me doesn't mean i'm lazy.