fighter bays! help!

i got a big problem with 5 different fighter bays in my plug-in. everything else works, but the bays will not launch any fighters. the strings all work, the fighters work seperatly, the desc's all work. any ideas? this is an EV plug, by the way.

------------------
President of Antihero Destruction Co. and Puke & Vomit Resources
HOLY %$#$, I'VE BEEN CENSORED!!

Is the guidence (in the weap) set to 99?
Is the ammo set to the ID of the ship it launches?
Is the ModType 3 (now in the ouft)?
Is the ModVal set to the ID of the weap?
Can you buy both fighter and bay?
If you answer 'yes' to all of the questions, I have no idea what the problem is.

------------------
"Whoopie! Man, that may have been a small one for Neil, but it's a long one for me."
-Pete Conrad third man on the moon

um

1. yes
  2. yes
  3. yes
  4. yes
  5. yes and yes

and there are two to four fighters in each ship, and four fighters are able to be housed in each bay, and there is a bay in each ship.

------------------

Not out of questions 😉
Can you buy the bay and ship and have it work?
Is it told to fire with the second trigger?

------------------
"Whoopie! Man, that may have been a small one for Neil, but it's a long one for me."

(This message has been edited by NNNormal (edited 05-28-2001).)

i havent checked on your questions yet, NNNormal, but i have one. do i have to have other ships in the system to launch a fighter? (all my systems are empty, since i'm still testing.)

------------------

Originally posted by antihero:
**i havent checked on your questions yet, NNNormal, but i have one. do i have to have other ships in the system to launch a fighter? (all my systems are empty, since i'm still testing.)

This could be the problem... I don't think you can launch fighters in a system with AvgShips set to 0. There don't have to be ships present, but if AvgShips is zero, I don't think fighters can be launched.

------------------
So go on the internet game sites and bash all the PC users!

yeah, that was it. i had no dude's set in the system, they were all on -1. i put in pirates, and it worked. stupid mistake on my part. thanks for the help.

------------------

never would have thought of that as being a problem- I filled out the first syst to be an "average" system (average ships around 4) and copied it about 300 times. Interesting how it can be something so unrealed to the problem.

------------------

Originally posted by NNNormal:
**never would have thought of that as being a problem- I filled out the first syst to be an "average" system (average ships around 4) and copied it about 300 times. Interesting how it can be something so unrealed to the problem.

yeah, i did that too, but i didn't put in dudes like "confederate cruisers". thats so lame. maybe they should fix that.

------------------
yes, you too can own a small piece of heaven for only $29.95.