CD?

I'm waiting to get my PoG CD, waiting patiently. (I wouldn't be so patient if it weren't for my dled version) But, I already have the dled version, I'm just getting the CD for the movies which I heard were there. Is there anything else to anticipate on that CD? Thanks, all you guys helping me out are awsome. (Especially Stark, who I have added to my now 23-person/cat/weirdo list of gods)

------------------

The CD probably has a demo of all of Ambrosia's stuff on it. I also think you'll be dissapointed to find out that the movies are not on that CD (7, at least), but they are on the Coldstone CD.
And yes, Mr. Bledfast has his moments 😛

------------------

Originally posted by phantompenguin:
I'm waiting to get my PoG CD, waiting patiently. I'm just getting the CD for the movies which I heard were there. Is there anything else to anticipate on that CD?

Mr. Phantompenguin,

Since Ambrosia is making a "custom windows CD" for you, it is hard telling what will be placed on there. I doubt they will be cutting a windows version of their demo cd, as the majority of their games are mac-only so that wouldn't do you any good, heh. I would expect they are simply burning PoG, the movies, and possibly Trinity onto a windows-readable CD for you.

Btw, after viewing the movies finally(I've had the Coldstone CD in my possession for months and it has the movies on it... I just never viewed them, heh), I must say that if all your hopes and dreams rest on viewing the movies, you will be sadly disappointed. There are 2 movies for PoG:

• The first movie is called Boat.mov and consists of an 11-second file displaying the boat you get on in Berglum and ride to Reef's Island. The movie shows the boat and that is it; just the camera rolling around the boat showing it at different angles as the waves splash against it and seagulls fly over it. Decent eye candy, but thats it. Reminds me of Myst.

• The second movie is called LearningTree.mov and is a 10-second file showing the Learning Tree. All you see is the outside of the tree with a wide-angle shot, and then the camera approaches the tree and narrows its focus until it is pointing at the door where you enter the tree. And thats it. Again, eye candy and reminiscent of a Myst short movie.

Anyhow, hopefully the CD will arrive shortly and will work just fine for you, providing you with a back-up to your game in the event that you ever need to reinstall it.

Good luck.

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992

Well, I'm just jumping for joy with this new news about the PoG movies. (Note the invisible online sarcasm in my voice*) Oh well, I'll probably find something usefull to do with that CD.

------------------

(This message has been edited by phantompenguin (edited 07-21-2002).)