Problems with AlwaysPers

To wit: it doesn't seem to work.
So, has anyone gotten it to work, and if so, can you give me details?
Or, has anyone else had any problems with it?

------------------
(Insert Signature Here)

Originally posted by Wyvern:
**So, has anyone gotten it to work, and if so, can you give me details?
Or, has anyone else had any problems with it?

I've gotten it to work. I've been told by people testing some software for me that if a pers is killed, they won't show up when listed in AlwaysPers. This, of course, depend on whether the pers uses an escape pod or not. Grok?

If you're not using a virgin pilot file, try using one.

If none of these things help, I've no idea why it doesn't work for you.

-STH

------------------

I've gotten it to work, in fact I use it quite a bit in Nemesis. Make sure that the LinkSystem in the Pers is set to the right system and that the AlwaysPers is correctly set. Also check to make sure that you don't have the bit field set to a bit that isn't set (or cleared, depending on the nature of the bit) and the same with the Visbit in the syst resource. I've noticed that it doesn't always work, some kind of glitch (which is ironic, considering the field name).

------------------
Phoenix
(url="http://"http://commonwealth.cjb.net")EVO : Nemesis(/url)

Originally posted by seant:
**I've gotten it to work. I've been told by people testing some software for me that if a pers is killed, they won't show up when listed in AlwaysPers. This, of course, depend on whether the pers uses an escape pod or not. Grok?

If you're not using a virgin pilot file, try using one.

If none of these things help, I've no idea why it doesn't work for you.

-STH

Indeed (I am the "testing some software" person), and I confirm: either your pers is killed, in that case use seant's stuff (I mean the PFE of course) or its ID is new (and therefore didn't existed at the creation of the pilot file, which make it desactivated), in that case use a new pilot file with your plug and try. If it doesn't work I can't help you more.

------------------
M'enfin!
Y'a personne qui parle français ici?