IM SO CONFUSED! HELP!

I'll make this short. I have my PoG coda and CD. I put the cd in the drive but nothing happens. (Isn't there usually a little menu with the words, play, install, register, and the works?) I go to My Computer (I have a WINDOWS PC) try double clicking the little Drive D icon. The same thing happens, only now it's showing me the contents of the CD. There's nothing there! But the weirdest thing is, it says all 650 MEG of the CD are being used! ????? What's the deal? I'M SO CONFUSED! HELP!

------------------

Though I'm sorry to say I can't help you with your problem (I own a Mac), I would like to remind you that ArcAngelCounterstrike has vowed that any topic in all caps will be deleted with extreme prejudice. šŸ˜‰

------------------
The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions Ā— Wizard's Second Rule, Stone of Tears.
Ā— Cafall

Originally posted by Cafall:
I would like to remind you that ArcAngelCounterstrike has vowed that any topic in all caps will be deleted with extreme prejudice.;)

You remembered that eh?
I'll let it slip by... once... for a fresh noob.
He already posted on the Help board so he may get better answers there. Unless a PC PoG player can enlighten us here.

------------------
Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'
Now lobbest thou thy keyboard towards thy monitor, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/arcangel_c/PhotoAlbum2.html")Rogue Thoughts(/url)

well, uh, sorry about the capz thing, but a friend looked at my problem, he specializes in computers, and said the company musta' made a mistake, because there's really nothing on the cd. (dark, evil, scowl.) owell, guess i'll have to email ambrosia.....

------------------

Originally posted by phantompenguin:
**well, uh, sorry about the capz thing, but a friend looked at my problem, he specializes in computers, and said the company musta' made a mistake, because there's really nothing on the cd. (dark, evil, scowl.) owell, guess i'll have to email ambrosia.....

Mr. Phantompenguin,

I would guess that they sent you the mac cd, instead of the pc cd. Although usually when I load mac cd's in my work pc I just get errors. Let us know the resolution when everything gets worked out, so we know.

Good luck.

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992

I use a PC (and my fiancee's mac) and I recently got an Ambrosia CD. It works fone on the mac, but nithing shows up on PC, I think it's a stupid winblows thing that it doesn't show mac files like those on the Ambrosia CD. Also, I doubt that the CD has the PC version of PoG on it. Hope that helps.

MickyBIs

------------------
Ever notice that friction is a really backward force?-Me
Yes. I'm random. Thank you very much.

hold up, r u sayin that i cant play pog on my pc unless i dl the pc version? if so, thats not good, cuz 1. my connection with wherever u dl pog from sux, cuz i cant dl it, it just sits there at 0% progress. (4 weeks, 2 days, and still running) 2. ambrosia is sending me another copy as we speak, cuz i called em.....now im real confused, WARNING: I JUST HAD 4 CANS OF AMP, IM CAFFINATED, AND IM WILLING TO SUE, I JUST NEED A LAWYER AND MY PARENTS PERMISSION.

------------------

hold up, r u sayin that i cant play pog on my pc unless i dl the pc version? if so, thats not good, cuz 1. my connection with wherever u dl pog from sux, cuz i cant dl it, it just sits there at 0% progress. (4 weeks, 2 days, and still running) 2. ambrosia is sending me another copy as we speak, cuz i called em.....now im real confused, WARNING: I JUST HAD 4 CANS OF AMP, IM CAFFINATED, AND IM WILLING TO SUE, I JUST NEED A LAWYER AND MY PARENTS PERMISSION.

Mr. Phantompenguin,

I expect that Ambrosia has made up a few windows readable CD's for the windows version of PoG. So your choices are to either wait for them to send it to you(which since you called them and told them that your cd didn't work, and that you need a cd for the pc, I expect that they are sending you the correct one now), or else go to their website and download the entire file.

If your download has not budged from 0% progress then it is not downloading. Either it is paused, lost its connection, or just plain is goofed up. I would kill that process and try to download it again. Out of curiousity, what are you using to download it?

Finally, please type out your words completely. Utilizing shortcuts for words, especially short words such as "you" "are" and "download" is not only annoying, but can be difficult to decipher. If you would like people to take the time to read your posts and reply to them, please do them the courtesy of taking the time to type it out legibly.

Thank you, and good luck.

------------------

All is well! I discovered, for some reason, when I use my download accelerator program to download things, it doesn't work, so I tried and uninstalling it, and now I'm happily playing the games, unfortuanantly, my code just expired, so I e-mailed for a new one. Plus, Ambrosia responded to one of my e-mails, and said they'd said me a 'custom made' CD with WinPog, (I still want it, so I can watch the movies) for free! So I am very pleased, (I just hafta uninstall download accelerator to dl plug-ins, but oh well.) I just want my registration code. Oh well, I've babbled on for long enough. Bye, and thanks for all your help!

------------------

All is well!

Excellent, glad to hear it.

Unfortuanantly, my code just expired, so I e-mailed for a new one.

Did you send an e-mail to lostcodes@ambrosiasw.com to request a new code? If not, then send your request there and they will process the request and get your code to you.

Plus, Ambrosia responded to one of my e-mails, and said they'd said me a 'custom made' CD with WinPog, (I still want it, so I can watch the movies) for free!

Cool beans. Ambrosia is a small enough company that they still care about their customers and can make "custom jobs" for you. I'm glad to hear they are helping you out.

Bye, and thanks for all your help!

You're more than welcome. Post back with any problems or questions you have and we'll do our best to answer them.

Good luck.

------------------