say it with me, you DARN, STUPID, ANNOYING, pc!

im pissed, my stupid pc doesnt comprehend that i want the download of the plug - ins, to move PAST 0%, ugh, does anybody know where i can find a good source of POG plug - ins, one that uses a different url to download em from? thnx

------------------

Originally posted by phantompenguin:
im pissed, my stupid pc doesnt comprehend that i want the download of the plug - ins, to move PAST 0%, ugh, does anybody know where i can find a good source of POG plug - ins, one that uses a different url to download em from? thnx

Mr. Phantompenguin,

I use a pc at work and typically download files using our highspeed connection there and then bring the files home to my mac, and I have yet to experience the problems you are having. I have 2 suggestions for you though:

1. If you are using a web browser to download the plug-ins, right click on the file you want and then select "Save target as." Choose the directory to download it to and click ok. This bypasses the "auto-start the download" and should save you any problems associated with the download not starting up.

2. If you continue having browser-related downloading problems, I would recommend getting yourself an ftp client. There are several free ftp clients out there for the pc. I've used Coffeecup FTP and WSftp. Anyhow, once you get an ftp client point it at ftp.ambrosiasw.com and use an anonymous login. Browse your way to the PoG addons directory and download whichever file you want to.

Good luck.

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992