2 questions about the EV Bible...

I've been hacking away at a new EV editor recently, and I have 2 very pointed questions about mďsn tags:

-The EV Bible says this about the AvailStel field of the mďsn resource:

9999-10127 Specific govt's stellar

Now, gövt Index Numbers can range from 0 to 127. Since you're adding 10000 (that's the only way most missions check out the way one would expect), how can you end up with a value of 9999? What does it signify if you do? The same problem exists for TravelStel, though not, intriguingly, for ReturnStel.

-The Mission tag has the following fields for dësc pointers:

BriefText: the message you get after agreeing to a mission. Usually 5000 + mission ID.
LoadCargText The desc to show when special mission cargo is loaded from a planet

DumpCargoText: The desc to show when special mission cargo is offloaded. Usually 6000 + mission ID.

CompText: The desc to show when you go to ReturnStel and the mission has been successful. Usually (but not always) 7000 + mission ID.

FailText: Message when you fail. Usually 8000 + mission ID.

OK, so where is the text that the little "Yes" and "No" buttons grace? Is it always 4000 + mission ID?

Thanks a lot to whoever can shed light on either question.

-Datax

Originally posted by Datax:

Now, gövt Index Numbers can range from 0 to 127. Since you're adding 10000 (that's the only way most missions check out the way one would expect), how can you end up with a value of 9999? What does it signify if you do? The same problem exists for TravelStel, though not, intriguingly, for ReturnStel.

-Datax(/B)

Independent has an ID of -1.

------------------
"Whoopie! Man, that may have been a small one for Neil, but it's a long one for me."
-Pete Conrad third man on the moon

**Now, gövt Index Numbers can range from 0 to 127. Since you're adding 10000 (that's the only way most missions check out the way one would expect), how can you end up with a value of 9999? What does it signify if you do? The same problem exists for TravelStel, though not, intriguingly, for ReturnStel.

Govt -1 is independants I do believe

**-The Mission tag has the following fields for dësc pointers:

BriefText: the message you get after agreeing to a mission. Usually 5000 + mission ID.
LoadCargText The desc to show when special mission cargo is loaded from a planet

DumpCargoText: The desc to show when special mission cargo is offloaded. Usually 6000 + mission ID.

CompText: The desc to show when you go to ReturnStel and the mission has been successful. Usually (but not always) 7000 + mission ID.

FailText: Message when you fail. Usually 8000 + mission ID.

OK, so where is the text that the little "Yes" and "No" buttons grace? Is it always 4000 + mission ID?**

Wow, mcb missed something. But, however, it is mentioned a bit further down, 'initial mission description (desc ID 4000-4255 )', I assume it's ment to be 4000-4512. It doesnt have to be +mission ID, but it is very useful to make it like taht if you're creating an editor.

------------------
--sitharus
The cure for writer's cramp is writer's block. - Inigo DeLeon
(url="http://"mailto:sitharus@ureach.com")mailto:sitharus@ureach.com(/url)sitharus@ureach.com

Originally posted by blackhole:
**... 'initial mission description (desc ID 4000-4255 )', I assume it's ment to be 4000-4512....

4000 - 4255 is correct for EV, 4000 - 4512 would be for EVO missions.

Some parts of the bible were not updated for EVO.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer