Dissappearing Outfits

Has anyone ever found a solution to this problem? I managed to get one of the outfits to stop dissapearing by the simple expedient of clearing out of the EVO data files everything I wasn't using, but I've got another one that continues to dissapear. Does anyone even have the faintest idea why this problem happens in the first place?

For those of you who don't know what this problem is: I have an outfit item, and when I leave the outfitting screen the outfit vanishes. This occurs regardless of whether the item was just purchased, or came with the ship (In the latter case, I have been able to verify that the outfit does work as intended, since it doesn't vanish until you leave the outfitters, so, if you don't go there, you can test the outfit).

------------------
(Insert Signature Here)

(This message has been edited by Wyvern (edited 04-08-2001).)

This sounds somewhat related to Lyssa's problem. I'll see if I can diagnose that one and let you know.

------------------
The last time I was on this board, the price of dumb questions was really high.
Ask me what I'm doing.

Gah. I had checked to make sure there were no flags set, but I hadn't checked in a version of Res-Edit that couldn't use the R&R; outfit editor. When I did, I found that the remove after purchase flag was indeed set, and unsetting it solved the problem.

I shall have to be much warier in the future...
A pity there's no easy way to uninstall the R&R; editor.
(correction)
at least, no easy way without removing the entire prefs file.
(/correction)

------------------
(Insert Signature Here)

(This message has been edited by Wyvern (edited 04-08-2001).)

Ok, so apparently it wasn't R&R;'s fault. I got rid of their editors, and now I have the problem again, and, according to resedit (both versions), there aren't any flags set.

------------------
(Insert Signature Here)

Well, I figured out what was causing my dissapearing outfit problem - having two outfits for the same weapon. This was occuring because I was simply overloading the Override scenario, rather than removing it and replacing it.

------------------
(Insert Signature Here)