Special Quest Items plug-in

For those who saw this plug-in and have downloaded it, or those that saw it and noticed it isn't there anymore, there is a reason. I goofed up a few things on it and have since fixed a couple bugs. I asked AAC to delete the file pending the uploading of the new version.

Unfortunately I won't be able to upload the new version until this evening, so if anyone was waiting for it you'll have to wait a few hours more. Then, once I upload it, it will wait for AAC to get the time to approve it and move it to the downloads section(and since he already did it once, I don't expect him to drop everything to do it for my mistake).

For those unfamiliar with this plug-in, it is nothing more than a "fix" for PoG for those users who inadvertantly dropped the evil crown(necessary for the Knight's Quest), refused the Cyklop eye(necessary for the old man's quest in Dernath), or gave the magical herbs to Orobas prior to awakening the spirit of nature. This plug-in sticks an NPC into the world who will gladly give the hero any of these items upon request, so that restarting an older saved game or completely starting over is no longer necessary to complete the above quests.

For those who have downloaded the first version(dated June 26th), the older version will work, but the newer version will remove some unnecessary junk(CGE's automatically included debug definition), as well as correct the known issue of allowing multiples of the above quest items to be given out(so one could walk around with 150 magical herbs and no way of getting rid of them). So if you have the older version it will still work, but the newer version is better.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992

Its up again.

------------------
Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/arcangel_c/PhotoAlbum2.html")Rogue Thoughts(/url)

Originally posted by ArcAngel Counterstrike:
Its up again.

Thank you kindly.

Btw, as I alluded to above, this plug-in is not meant to be a "cheat" in that the intention is to help people get out of unwinnable situations due to their unfortunate decisions or actions. I intentionally left out such items as the Standard of High Garendall, the Druid's book, etc, because these items are non-droppable and non-refusable, as well as only having 1 use. Thus there is no way to my knowledge of a person being unable to finish a quest to retrieve one of these items except by not performing the quest. And my intention is not to allow this way out.

If someone knows of an item that meets the criteria of being a quest item, and either being droppable, refusable, or has multiple uses(and use of the item causes it to go away so it is unavailable for other uses), let me know and I will consider updating this plug-in to allow it. But requests to add items that do not meet this criteria in an effort to make a quest completable without doing the actual quest will be rejected.

(edit) Added commentary past the original thank you to AAC (/edit)
------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992

(This message has been edited by Stark Bledfast (edited 06-27-2002).)