Multiplayer EVO

Originally posted by sebek.du.law:
**sebek is back!
i am very close to a net ev/o. the game is roughly playable via lan using tcp/ip. if i get ready to implement UDP correctly i could post a playable version (2 player) today. but i'm having heavy problems with this... i am actually workin' on it but i don't have much time for this. i have alot to do with studys and drama group at the moment :frown:

but here my principial note to EVMP:
EVMP is possible! under Linux there is a game called xsw (XShipWars) that proves this!
The most difficult part is the netcode for syncing the players data. A functional plugin engine exists! My actual research shows that there can be up to 50 ships in a galaxy if the server has enough bandwidth and power.
If a universe is spit into multiple servers (my attempt) it could easily carry thousands of players.

sebek

Yeah I notice Ship wars wwhen I was installing SuSE. When is it going to be released (I'd be willing to beta-test :D)

------------------
Diddly,
"Well, we could grind
our enemies into powder, but gosh, we did that yesterday."

Originally posted by diddlysquat:
**Oh come on, the Helian isn't that bad (I spend most of the early game in one).

The only time I'll usually fly a Helain is with upgrades, that way I can get away from all the guided weapons that tend to decimate renegade vessels. 🙂 I must admit the Helian is a rather cool-looking ship, though...

------------------
~Captain Skyblade

Visit my EVO website! (url="http://"http://artworks.tmgmedia.net")http://artworks.tmgmedia.net(/url)

IIIIII'MMMM BACKKKK !!!!!! 🙂

I've still got all the beta copies of Helian wars (or as it was called at the latest stage "Renegadde Wars") and all the artwork i did (finally got my iMac (Rev.NOTHING) to work).
Still willing to work on it Tycho so gimme a buzz sometime this weekend.

------------------
--------------------------
Wham!Man - The original and still the best

Skyblade - The Clipper was cooler. 😛

MadFax7 - How's it coming?

sebek.du.law - COOL! Do you know when you may be able to release it? Will this be a plug for EVO, or a whole new program?

------------------
- Captain Stud Beefpile
- UE Naval 238th Squadron
- Crew of One Challenger
- Member of the Zacha Renegade Elimination Corporation

Originally posted by Stud Beefpile:
**Skyblade - The Clipper was cooler.:p

sebek.du.law - COOL! Do you know when you may be able to release it? Will this be a plug for EVO, or a whole new program?

Well you're right. The clipper was cooler, but then again all the ships in EV looked cooler than their EVO counterparts (my opinion).

------------------
Diddly,
"Well, we could grind

MadFax 7 posted on the Ares board that he might not be on for another couple of weeks. Hey, maybe he will have it finished by then.

------------------
"The heathens are upon us, arm yourselves and go with God."-Paul Benden, Commander of the Purple Sector Fleet

Originally posted by Admiral Benden:
**MadFax 7 posted on the Ares board that he might not be on for another couple of weeks. Hey, maybe he will have it finished by then.

That would be good (though I doubt it :frown:).

------------------
Diddly,
"Well, we could grind

MadFax 7 posted on the Ares board that he might not be on for another couple of weeks.

That was a false alarm.

**MadFax7 - How's it coming?

I've temporally stoped working on it while I play through Diablo2. (only 2 more acts and I'm done!) Although once I finish that, work should progress pretty quickly.

I would promote it more, and take more screen shots (put them up rather) but I don't have the time to do so.

------------------

Sebek...do you plan on porting this to Mac OS X? Because if you do...use Cocoa. It's fast, stable, and as I am told, easy to debug. Just my insane idea here!

--Alexis

**Skyblade - The Clipper was cooler.:p

Its a totally different program written in RealBasic. The first build was a non-mp two player game which was interesting to play 🙂

------------------
???

I have a question for MadFax. Will you make plug-in kinda things for A:O? It would be cool if you did.

------------------
"The heathens are upon us, arm yourselves and go with God."-Paul Benden, Commander of the Purple Sector Fleet

**I have a question for MadFax. Will you make plug-in kinda things for A:O? It would be cool if you did.

Hmmmm, an interesting idea. The only way I COULD do this, would be if I replaced Ares' data files with my own. It might have issues when playing online... (specifically through GameRanger)

------------------

Madfax-Do you have any idea on the eta of the completion of AO. A lot of people will probably like to know.

------------------

**Do you have any idea on the eta of the completion of AO.

Nope. But I did update the (url="http://"http://evo.iwarp.com/AO/shots.html")screen shots(/url) page. No new shots, but it's friendlier to smaller resolutions. I'm also working on some EZBoards for AO (actually, they're already done, I just haven't gotten around to putting up links) they're mainly for posting news and progress that isn't big enough for a new topic on these boards 😛

I'll do some updating tonight. Maybe even some new screen shots...

------------------

8 new screen shots up. Go (url="http://"http://evo.iwarp.com/ao/shots.html")check 'em out(/url).

------------------

I am even more impressed Madfax. The Azdaras and Aradas look great! It is a little hard to make out the Azdgari Warships since you zoomed out. Everything looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product. I sent off my registration application earlier so I should be able to play the whole scenario sometime this week. Great job Madfax!

------------------

**It is a little hard to make out the Azdgari Warships since you zoomed out.

I did that on purpose. Not because they look bad, but because they look to damn cool 😉

------------------

Originally posted by J.Ace21:
**Its a totally different program written in RealBasic. The first build was a non-mp two player game which was interesting to play 🙂

Would you be willing to post that for download? I certainly would play it.

------------------
Lead plugin programmer, Corsair Development