problems with strata pro...

..it either tells me my computer doesn't have the neccessary software/hardware to run it (it used to work fine and nothing's been changed) or gives me error -2somethingoranother. i tried reinstalling (even the system) but it still don't work. can somebody help me out?

my mac is 7600/132 upgraded to 170MHz, 96MB and voodoo3, system 8.5 (i tried system 9 too). My defender remake was nearly completed (lacking some textures). what can i do?

ComputerLizard

------------------
"Ist das meinen sohn?"
Translated:
Is that eating my son?!?
"Sprichst du sicher deutsch?"

Hm, I think it has something to do with your computer... 170 Mhz is awfully slow to do 3D modeling.. Me and my trusty 333Mhz iMac occasionally lag in the program.. Maybe you should concider buying a new computer if you REALLY want to do 3D modeling.
Well, ya don't have to take my advice.... 😄

------------------
Arrrrrrr, matey!!!!

170MHz is slow, but that's not my problem, i've used SSP2.5.3 succesfully and completen around a dozen full scenes with it, so technically it should run. it has worked fine before but doesn't anymore and i don't know what the problem is, but "it ain't in fire", i'm convinced it's a software problem.
And I AM getting a new mac pretty soon (before summer).

ComputerLizard

------------------
"Ist das meinen sohn?"
Translated:
Is that eating my son?!?

Originally posted by ComputerLizard:
**170MHz is slow, but that's not my problem, i've used SSP2.5.3 succesfully and completen around a dozen full scenes with it, so technically it should run. it has worked fine before but doesn't anymore and i don't know what the problem is, but "it ain't in fire", i'm convinced it's a software problem.
And I AM getting a new mac pretty soon (before summer).

ComputerLizard

Hmmm... I remember hearing something like this before on StrataList, I think it had to do with the VooDoo card that was causing a lot of problems for a lot of people. Try removing it/its drivers and see if that works.

------------------
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone."
-Bill Cosby
Star Trek Escape Velocity
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/startrekev/")http://homepage.mac.com/startrekev/(/url)

Try turning on Virtual Memory. Strata won't run on my 180MHZ StarMax 3000 with the regular graphics card with out virtual memory turned on, all it does when I try to open the program is it trys to start the program, then returns to the finder. IF virtual memory is on, it opens up fine and runs well.

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-EVO plug developer, & amateur 3D graphics artist.
-Star Wars fan(atic)

Heck... I wouldn't know...
I've never really run into that kind of a problem on my iMac 😄 😄 😄

------------------
Arrrrrrr, matey!!!!

i've already tried all those (drivers, virtual memory even system software reinstalling outcluding card removal) but it still ain't workin'! And the regular graphic card is so vukin slow it's nearly impossible to model since refreshing takes so long. The thing that really annoys me is the fact that i have tons of work made already but i can't do anything with my files... some fo my models are pretty cool actually.

ComputerLizard

Originally posted by ComputerLizard:
**i've already tried all those (drivers, virtual memory even system software reinstalling outcluding card removal) but it still ain't workin'! And the regular graphic card is so vukin slow it's nearly impossible to model since refreshing takes so long. The thing that really annoys me is the fact that i have tons of work made already but i can't do anything with my files... some fo my models are pretty cool actually.

ComputerLizard**

My friend this can only mean one thing: YOUR COMPUTER HAS DEVELOPED THE DEMEANOR OF A PC!!!!!!!!!! Recommended treatment: Contact Apple, and bitch to them of your computers Microsoft-like behavior, then sell the computer and get a wonderful new G4. 😄 😄 😄 😄

-this is of course an example of sarcasm and should never be taken seriously unless the word "ultra-gullible" describes you perfectly. 😄 😄 😄

-but in all seriousness ComputerLizard, we are at a momentary loss to help you. The only sound advice I can give is to contact Strata and tell them completely of your situation and which methods you've used to try and get Strata to work. Also give them your full system information (found in the Apple System profiler in the apple menu) including memory and extension info. They made the software so they are probably the best ones to get help from. Good luck.

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-EVO plug developer, & amateur 3D graphics artist.
-Star Wars fan(atic)

actually i got it to "work" for a few minutes yesterday after hors of work on the extensions, restarting and deleteing prefs. however, it's stopped working already...
however i noticed that it really IS way too slow, even when it does work the screen refreshing can take seconds(!) not to mention switching between SSP and finder, wich easily takes over 10 seconds... fortunately i've got my sponsor (mom) convinced that we need a new computer, so we've already ordered a g4/667 (they don't sell BTOs in finland, i would've liked a 2x533 with geForce3 or even radeon and as much RAM as can be afforded). knowing Apple's delivery times, however...

ComputerLizard

------------------
"Ist das meinen sohn?"
Translated:
Is that eating my son?!?

Aw man... I wish my "sponsors" were that cool...
"Mom, Dad, can I have a new computer? My current one is really slow..."
"Forget it son."
"Yeah, work, make money, buy yourself one"
"Hmpf"

ARGH! :frown:

------------------
Arrrrrrr, matey!!!!