What is the "ppat" resource?

I just did something I will probably regret and messed with the "ppat" resource while working on a plug-in. I should have before so I'm asking now, what is it?

------------------
The last time I was on this board, the price of dumb questions was really high.
Ask me what I'm doing.

The ppat resource stores certian patterns(in the form of a tile) used in certian places in the game. I don't see what harm you could have done messing with them - and just delete the resources if you did. The first 8-9 in the EVO data files store the patters for the static radar screen, and the last one stores the pattern for the armor display below the radar screen.

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...

Originally posted by 21st Century Digital Boy:
**The ppat resource stores certian patterns(in the form of a tile) used in certian places in the game. I don't see what harm you could have done messing with them - and just delete the resources if you did. The first 8-9 in the EVO data files store the patters for the static radar screen, and the last one stores the pattern for the armor display below the radar screen.

So theoretically we could change the way radar static and the armor dislplay bar look correct? And is the ppat rescource a rescource like a cicn or icxxxx where the rescource editor is a pixel appearance editor?

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-EVO plug developer, & amateur 3D graphics artist.
-Star Wars fan(atic)

Yes and yes

------------------
"How do you know that she's a witch?""She turned me into a newt!" "A newt?" "...I got better!"~Monty Python and the Holy Grail
~Nick

Originally posted by nwa728:
**Yes and yes

Hmmm . . . this could add some interesting new features into TC plugs, they'd be TCCs (Totally Complete Conversions). This, I like. 😄

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-Star Wars fan(atic)

Originally posted by JediBrass:
**Hmmm . . . this could add some interesting new features into TC plugs, they'd be TCCs (Totally Complete Conversions). This, I like.:D

Yes indeed. We would basically create a new game, and just put "powered by Escape Velocity Override" beneath the title. Hey, it worked for Elite Force (Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force.........powered by Quake III).

------------------
Ask me what I'm doing.

BTW, I know the ppat resource id# for the armor bar is 200, but what is the ppat resource id# for the shield bar. Same thing for the fuel bar. Looking through EVO and its resource files in ResEdit didn't do a thing to help me, not one bit. Though I did see that if someone knew Hexadecimal and straight up computer code that he/she could "register" their copy of EVO by filling in the resource that tells EVO who the owner of that copy is. I don't really care since I mailed a check for $15 and the registration form to Ambrosia several days ago to register EVO. And it was only $15 for me b/c I registered EV when it was out (before there was Override).

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-Star Wars fan(atic)

Sorry, you can't change the shield pattern. And the person would proably have to know thier registration code and thier name to hack into the program, which would eleminate the purpose.

------------------
Wait a second...

And the person would proably have to know thier registration code and thier name to hack into the program, which would eleminate the purpose.

Doesn't matter to me anyway. I've already sent in my registration form and the money to pay for it. 😄

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-Star Wars fan(atic)

**Sorry, you can't change the shield pattern. And the person would proably have to know thier registration code and thier name to hack into the program, which would eleminate the purpose.

Wow. Registration code, now that's easy enough. But to actually know one's NAME, now that's hard.

Not that it matters to ME anyway, I'm legal, thanks to Shareware Amnesty Week!

------------------
Ask me what I'm doing.

You know what I meant.

------------------
Wait a second...