Ran into a problem

I just copied the game off my handy dandy ambrosia cd and have gotten to the part where you must find the general guy hidden in a cave in the swamp. I have gotten to the swamp and killed all the zombie things but what do i do now?? there isn't any steps or anywhere to go.. I haven't registered yet but i thought if there was something you couldn't do until you registered it told you.. but any tips would be very helpful.

In the zombie room, there is a secret passage through the South wall of the room. Walk along the South wall until you find it (near the Western end of the wall, it's invisible) and fight the Death Knight in the secret room.

------------------
The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions — Wizard's Second Rule, Stone of Tears.
— Cafall

Originally posted by Lumpy the Elf:
- - - I have gotten to the swamp and killed all the zombie things but what do i do now?? there isn't any steps or anywhere to go.. - - - .. but any tips would be very helpful.

Have you just done the first square of the swamp? The General's cave is located in the middle of the second square (actually a little west of middle). and there are also two more squares after that. When you get to the cave in square 2 there will be two of Septembris' guards posted outside. They are only there if you were sent to rescue the General. If you get there before you were given the quest. the cave is blocked by debris which you cannot move. When you get into the cave, and defeat the ghouls found there, that's when you'll find the secret passage on the south side of the cave.

Edit: You get to square 2 through the eastern edge of square 1.

In the 4th and last square of the swamp there is a crypt in the northwest corner which is a lot harder at the stage of the game where you are now. It, too, has a secret chamber on the east wall which leads to an awful woman holding a friar captive and guarding the Divine Lamp.

------------------
Why is it we park on driveways and drive on Parkways?

(This message has been edited by Rubber Ducky (edited 06-12-2002).)

ohh.. thanks alot.. i went into the crypt by accident.. still the diving lamp wouldn't be a bad thing to get to..

In the 4th and last square of the swamp there is a crypt in the northwest corner which is a lot harder at the stage of the game where you are now. It, too, has a secret chamber on the east wall which leads to an awful woman holding a friar captive and guarding the Divine Lamp.

actually it wasn't that hard.. i just used my mighty elven bow of destruction and kicked zombie butt.

but anyway thanks for the help cafall and rubber ducky

------------------