Need some Outfit Graphics for an outfit.

Calling all talented graphic artists.

I need outfit PICTs of 2 gangsters firing their Tommy Guns out the window (and leanings out of the window as well) of a Space taxi (background: Space). This is for a tounge-in-cheek outift of the plug I'm working on so the more amusing the scene is, the better. I'm only a novice at 3D modeling and I can't even make my own ship yet, let alone a scene. E-mail me or post here if you can help. Oh, BTW, it has to be free as I don't like sending money or checks (I DON'T have a credit account, only checking and savings so sending the money farther than anywhere in Virginia is something I CAN NOT do). If you do the scene for me you get FULL recognition for all the time and effort you put in (since doing something like this takes much time and effort and I fully understand this). Thanks in advance (e-mail me at jedibrass@hotmail.com )

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-Star Wars and EVO
nut. 😄

(This message has been edited by JediBrass (edited 03-21-2001).)

I hope somebody will not just read this thread and not respond, but instead respond. I've waited a day and a half and have seen several threads get posted to several times, and this one still has no posts. I know you graphics people are busy, but I do need these graphics since I couldn't use the gangster PICTs in Frozen Heart b/c Martin Turner wouldn't give me permission to use them, and I'm not good enough yet to do the graphics myself. So please, I need to hear from you people. The sounds of silence can be quite suffocating.

~Jedibrass

-and BTW, I'm not whining, but I AM in desperate need of a good 3D graphic artist.

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-Star Wars and EVO
nut. 😄

most of the good 3d artists are a bit, reluctant, to do free-jobs such as this. and im a bit too busy (to say the least) to help out.

------------------
DeAdBoY-
(url="http://"http://www.grybs.com/harzius")Harzius Productions(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.IcedEarth.com")Iced Earth(/url)

Here is something that I have learned about asking for custom graphics work, whether for free or for some kind of compensation: sometimes the answer is 'no.' Or 'no, thanks.' It may be that no one wants the job in question. Or no one has the time to do the job. In any case, that's pretty much what the roaring silence means.

It comes back on you, then: what's your 'Plan B?' If you can't get the specific gangster/tommy gun image you want, will something else do? A thumbnail of a black-and-white image of gangster types, perhaps? Standing on a corner looking menacing or firing their weapons in a doorway instead of the specific idea you first had in mind? One such mobster instead of several? Such images may exist on the Internet. Perhaps you could slightly modify an existing PICT of a mass driver (for example) and have it be your 'cosmic machine-gun,' even without the gangsters to fire it. Be flexible, JediBrass. You may yet be able to satisfy your hopes for the plug if you are willing to expand your horizons a bit.

------------------
PlanetPhil
not drowning, waving

Originally posted by DeAdBoY:
**most of the good 3d artists are a bit, reluctant, to do free-jobs such as this. and im a bit too busy (to say the least) to help out.

I'd be willing to pay if I could, its just that I since I'm still considered a minor under U.S. law (means I don't have the same rights as adults, not even just as much, in fact I have even fewer rights because I have not lived in this world for 18 years, only 17 :rolleyes: ), and since I'm leary of sending money out of state let alone out of country, I can not pay. Now if there was an artist on these boards who lives in Virginia then sure, I'd be willing to send him a check for his work. But as it stands, until I know more about how to safely send checks or cash out of state (will never consider overseas, but once I'm legally and adult and have a credit account and have a good steady job, then I might consider sending money via the internet).

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-Star Wars and EVO
nut. 😄

Originally posted by PlanetPhil:
A thumbnail of a black-and-white image of gangster types, perhaps? Standing on a corner looking menacing or firing their weapons in a doorway instead of the specific idea you first had in mind?

Actually I WOULD truly accept those PICTs with gratitude if someone couldn't do the exact thing I wanted. But they have to be gangsters for the stuff to be funny. You see part of the plug is an EVO representation of the SW RPG Holonet web board in the Chaos & Miscellania forum, and there we are total nuts and even go way off what people would call Star Wars. I mean there are people flying Mobile Suits, and other such stuff. The gangster thing is a really good, out right and funny outfit fi you read the dësc. I'll be happy to send the dësc of the gangster outfit (its called "Gangster Hit Men") and the dësc of the Space Taxi so an artist who might be willing to take the project will see how tounge-in-cheek the outfit that I need graphics for is and could do something along those lines. ok?

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-Star Wars and EVO
nut. 😄